Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Muslim BB Users?

Hey all,

I'm trying to find a good Islamic calendar app for my BB. I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a decent program. I tried a google search but was unable to find anything good for the BB.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have found a website where you can download the prayer schedule and it also does the call for prayer when it comes in. the website is searchtruth.mobi you can go on it through the browser on your phone and download from there. Please keep in mind that the file is pretty big so have an SD card ready.
    CrackBerry User

islamicfinder.org has a good, free azan software.
    CrackBerry Abuser

They have their own calendar?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,283 Global Posts
    PIN
    ♥ ♥

Aslalamalikum to you all. I was wondering the same thing. I would like to have the Azan reminder like what is on my laptop on my BB as well. so if I can get help that would be great also. I have tried the Islamicfinder and have no luck with it.

Jazakallah
    Sarah
    ♥ Wife to Sarfraz, Mom to Aisha & Zahid ♥
    Sarah
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by zubea99 View Post
    I have found a website where you can download the prayer schedule and it also does the call for prayer when it comes in. the website is searchtruth.mobi you can go on it through the browser on your phone and download from there. Please keep in mind that the file is pretty big so have an SD card ready.
    they have their own prayer schedule???
    is there only a certain time that you can pray?
    just curious..thank you..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,154 Global Posts

My one roommate in college was from saudi arabia and he prayed at set times everyday.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-11-2008 at 07:10 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by piccopower View Post
    I'm not Muslim, though I respect all faiths, but I can safely say yes there are specific times where you pray.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    22CAC03C
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24A5E631

Yes! Five times a day

As a non-muslim who works with customers of many faiths from around the world, my understanding is:
    An observant Muslim is 'required' to pray at certain times during the day - and it varies with date and location so a certain amount of technical help is useful to ease the calculation. AFAIK prayer is 'permitted' at other times.
  13. mo3
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Clarification from a Muslim

Branta's response is correct. For further clarification, Muslims have 5 compulsory Prayers that are required, with their times varying throughout the year. One is before sunrise, one around noon time, one in the afternoon, one after sunset, one at night.
    Their exact timings vary depending on where the sun is in the sky (that is of course susceptible to change on a day to day basis trough the seasons and the earth's orbit around the sun). As such, many Muslims resort to software on PCs or mobiles to notify them of the time of prayer (as with the starter of this thread).
    These prayers are acts of worship that have specific steps that differ from normal prayers that can be done anywhere anytime. In Arabic, the normal prayer is referred to as Dua'a (requesting personal things to god, or giving praise to god), while the the 5 required prayers are referred to as Sala.
    While most Muslims run their day to day lives based on the Gregorian calendar to be in line with the rest of the world, yes, there is an Arabic calendar that has been used for over 1400 years and is based on the lunar year, rather than the solar year as with the Gregorian calendar.
    Hope that clarifies the matter. On that note I need to go find myself the prayer call software for my bold.

Regards,

mo.
    Last edited by mo3; 10-01-2008 at 11:38 AM.
  14. mo3
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default islamicfinder.org

Tried the free application that is available on islamicfinder.org. Downloaded it onto the pc, then loaded onto the bold using data cable. Installed fine and application does the job. Just select the location, and choose what prayers you want an audible athan for.
    Only complaint I have is that the software does not recognize the clicks from the trackball. You move the cursor using the trackball, then you have to select menu, and then choose "ok"/"next"/"save" etc.
    There is also a Hijri Calendar date if you need it.

Mo3 - I hope you had a good Eid celebration. Thanks for your input with a better explanation. I understand the scheme and try to avoid phoning Muslim friends during prayer but that doesn't mean the other lurkers understand it. I had assumed - probably incorrectly - that readers here would recognize the geographic and seasonal factors.

Your explanation around sun position (rather than clock time) raised an interesting thought in my mind, something I had never considered before - how does Islam handle the case which occurs in arctic and antarctic latitudes, where at certain times of year the sun is above or below the horizon for more than 24 hours? And of course, do the various prayer calculation programs handle this situation correctly? I'm pretty sure that Islam as a 'practical' faith will have rules to cover it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    PIN
    24aa5b41

I can help you with all languages, please visit the website in my signature block.
    For blackberry language support email BlackBerry.Help.Now@Gmail.Com or visit BlackBerry Language Support
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Pong

That is an interesting question branta

18. muu
    CrackBerry Addict

as salaamu alaikum.

masha allah, this is a pleasant thread...
    ~M~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by branta View Post
    Mo3 - I hope you had a good Eid celebration. Thanks for your input with a better explanation. I understand the scheme and try to avoid phoning Muslim friends during prayer but that doesn't mean the other lurkers understand it. I had assumed - probably incorrectly - that readers here would recognize the geographic and seasonal factors.

Your explanation around sun position (rather than clock time) raised an interesting thought in my mind, something I had never considered before - how does Islam handle the case which occurs in arctic and antarctic latitudes, where at certain times of year the sun is above or below the horizon for more than 24 hours? And of course, do the various prayer calculation programs handle this situation correctly? I'm pretty sure that Islam as a 'practical' faith will have rules to cover it.
    That's a good question. They actually just adopt the closest regions' prayer times that don't experience the extended sun/dark time.

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find a Blackberry Curve 8330 OEM Arabic keyboard and how I can go about typing Arabic? I'm glad my BB can arabize arabic letters and display them correctly out of the box (unlike windows mobile), but is there a way to type Arabic too? Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    I could tell you..but then i would have to kill you

assalamualaikum warrahmatullohi wabarakatuh everone

is anyone have OTA link for the apps, since i dont have a computer thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ask me

As Salaam Alaikum to all,
    I have downloaded the program from searchtruth.com and I am learning the rope with it all. I am a recent convert and I love the program. I have something similar to it at home on my desktop and laptop.
    En'shaallah
    it will work properly and I can make prayer in between emergency calls on time while at my EMS station.
    CrackBerry Abuser

As Salaam u alaikum....i really appreciate this post. i have two questions...

1. does any of the free salat reminder programs work on Macs and
    2. if the first question is possible are the programs available for the Storm

Shukran
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

is there any quran reader for the storm?

tnx
    CrackBerry Abuser

Question Can someone help please?

I would love to have the salat times application on my blackberry storm that i have found here:

FREE Mobile Athan, Azan, Prayer Times, Qiblah for Mobile Cell Phones, Listen Automatic Athan on every prayer time. Salat Time, Ramadan, Salah Times, PrayTimes, Prayer Times for Symbian, Nokia, Sony Erricson, LG, Motorolla, SamSung, HTc, Imate, Blackb

but i did not see the Blackberry Storm listed. Does anyone know if it works? And secondly if it does can someone create an OTA link for this app as i am a Mac user and wouldn't be able to load from my computer. Shukran!

Ma Salaam
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast