• 1 Post By sweetmiss36
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,093 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Giving Your PIN Out Is Scary?

Ever since I've been on this site, I've shied away from giving my PIN for a few reasons. I don't like adding people I don't know; but if I see a person on here who seems nice or smart and it seems like they'd be fun to talk to, I might want to add them. But then I think, "What if they think I'm weird for asking?" and then hesitate. And I would like to give my PIN out; but am afraid of any potential issues that might bring. Does anyone else feel the same way that I do? I'm sure I'm not alone!
    Thanked by:
    LaniBrand (05-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,390 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky swear

Na I'm usually the same way.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AF77CC0

I share my pin with everyone, even have it on my cards and on my desk in case someone wants to add me. That's just me though.
    BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 Hybrid HERE

Powered by my BlackBerry - Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,093 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by sharma0702 View Post
    I share my pin with everyone, even have it on my cards and on my desk in case someone wants to add me. That's just me though.
    That's cool that you do that! BBM'ing is a lot of fun; so I'm sure it'd be cool to do that with a lot of different people!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    PIN
    326C31AF

I completely understand what you mean but its not like its your phone #, you can always delete anyone or people you don't like. I've shared mine on this forum publicly and so far I've met about 4 or 5 great individuals! To each its own, its a fun experience though!
    myonee likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,093 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Dash View Post
    I completely understand what you mean but its not like its your phone #, you can always delete anyone or people you don't like. I've shared mine on this forum publicly and so far I've met about 4 or 5 great individuals! To each its own, its a fun experience though!
    That is a very good point. At least with a PIN, you can delete the person if they do something inappropriate. With a phone number, you gotta ignore it or actually pay to get them to stop texting or calling! Thank you for your input! Maybe I'll be less nervous to give mine out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    PIN
    326C31AF

Quote Originally Posted by Morty2264 View Post
    That is a very good point. At least with a PIN, you can delete the person if they do something inappropriate. With a phone number, you gotta ignore it or actually pay to get them to stop texting or calling! Thank you for your input! Maybe I'll be less nervous to give mine out.
    Go ahead, give it a shot.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    PIN
    23C00A80

I am kind,sweet,caring,honest,straight-forward lovely personality and have a good heart that does have feelings. I am Always a good listener and supportive of people decisions. Don't drink nor smoke but I am very straight-forward and tell the truth always and never lie. U may invite me on pin:23C00A80 pin:23C00A80 pin:23C00A80 pin:23C00A80 pin:23C00A80 pin:23C00A80 pin:23C00A80 only ladies if its possibleHello beautiful,,sexy,stunning,,amazing and lovely looking LADIES / WOMEN - I am Richard from Johannesburg,South Africa. I am 26 white male with 10 fingers,10 toes,2eyes,1mouth,2ears, beautiful brown hair and male organs .
    CrackBerry Abuser

I give mine out to people who seem cool, I just don't post it anymore cause of some of the odd people who will see it. Gotta be careful, Lol.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,093 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by SportsfanGirl View Post
    You can delete someone that you don't feel comfortable talking to! But I agree there is some real cool people out there! If your interested in Joining a Chill group let me know! You can inbox your Pin!
    Thank you!
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    Ask

You are not the only one i'm the same too
    -Rebecca
    Morty2264 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    PIN
    3-2-Frank-Charles-David-Boy-Edward-0

Default Re: Giving Your PIN Out Is Scary?

I'm kinda the same way, but I've advertised my pin on this site and Facebook since 2009, and so far, no bites and no scary folks/stuff. Maybe I'm just in the queue of something happening. Or, I wonder if this is just our fears that we are feeding into? Having anyone actually I have any issues with sharing pins? Just curious of what happened (or is happening).
    I'll never go back to Windows Mobile, would love to go back to Palm OS (because it always worked), never got a chance to love or hate Web OS; all I want is a device that works when I need it, a battery that last for 24 hours, and doesn't cost as much as a laptop.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Default Re: Giving Your PIN Out Is Scary?

I've met 13 people on the forum, and they're all alright. like the others said, if you dislike how someone acts or if they harass you, block them. convenient, fast, and helpful
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Newbie

I actually haven't shared my PIN with anyone I don't know IRL. I know its meant to be a lot of fun and I do enjoy the use of BBM...but for me the main issue is creeps...

But...as others have said, its not as though its personal information being given out...you can always just delete the person if the become an issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10

i share my pin with everyone , u get to meet a lota new ppl from all over , i have had good and bad experiences , the bad have been blocked and deleted
    8300 / 8900 / 9000 / 9780 / 9700
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Nah don't have a problem with giving my PIN out. Helping people learning English and for me Arabic and they are nice. What gets me are those female or male posts only. For desperate people there are more than enough threads open. So no I can understand your concerns.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FECBDD

Here try me out. Love to chat in downtime. 30/M USA pin:32FECBDD

Sent from my  Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10

i guess u guys are a bunch of sensible ppl , here is my pin 25F7DE10 , do mention that u got me off this thread
    8300 / 8900 / 9000 / 9780 / 9700