Proverbs 16:3

"Commit to the Lord everything you do and your plans wil succeed"

My life verse...

Please sign me up

3307EA8D
    05-14-12 05:02 AM
    Galatians 5:25

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."

It is one thing to talk about being filled with the Spirit; it is quite another to live under the Spirit's control and direction in our life. Paul is reminding us that we must do more than talk the talk; we must walk the walk. The Holy Spirit must guide our decisions, determine our morality, and control our speech. His fruit -- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control -- must be in evidence. Paul says to Christians filled with the Spirit, "Live like it!"
    05-14-12 10:09 PM
    I am a believer and disciple of Jesus Christ. I belong to a non-denominational, charismatic church. Someone asked about Bible versions for their BB. Great Free versions from Olive Tree Bible software, Bible Study on iPad, iPhone, Mac, Windows and Android - Olive Tree Bible Software. I have the Asv, Darby's New Translation, ESV, modern KJV, plus Youngs Literal Translation - all on my BB, all for free. You can check me out @ my blog:Insolomonsporch's Blog. We are called to occupy for the Kingdom of God. Our tech devices are also great means to do so!
    05-14-12 11:47 PM
    James 2:8

"If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself', ye do well."

Loving our neighbors as ourselves is a royal law because it was given to us by God Almighty and by our Lord, the King of kings. We know who our neighbors are because Jesus told us in the parable of the Good Samaritan. If we obey this law, our world will become a much better place, and we will be more like Christ.
    05-15-12 06:32 PM
    Always looking for some stimulating conversation

296F96C2
    05-15-12 11:21 PM
    Habakkuk 3:18

"yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my saviour."

In spite of heartache; in spite of ill health or pain; in spite of financial problems; in spite of injustice or any trial that comes our way, we can rejoice that our names are written in the Book of Life. We are free to enjoy our relationship with God no matter what is happening to us now. We know that in His time, we will be in His presence with no heartache, pain, poverty, or injustice.
    05-16-12 06:04 PM
    Deuteronomy 6:5

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

To love God, who loves us with an everlasting love, is the ultimate privilege available to every man, woman, and child. Because of His great love, He is worthy of more than nonchalant, half-hearted love. We are to love our God with love that involves the total person. We are to love Him with our emotions, our eternal souls, and our physical bodies. Our God is the one true God. We are free to love Him with our total being.
    05-17-12 01:37 PM
    Am not xtian. But wud like to know wat's Matthew chapter 24 is all about? Someone asked me to find out n read -_-
    05-17-12 04:13 PM
    Am not xtian. But wud like to know wat's Matthew chapter 24 is all about? Someone asked me to find out n read -_-
    These are pretty good summaries:

Matthew 24 - Matthew Henry’s Commentary - Bible Commentary

Matthew 24 Commentary
    05-17-12 04:58 PM
    Am on it now. Thank you
    05-18-12 06:12 PM
    Hebrews 10:24:25

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

We need each other. We cannot make it on our own. God calls us to get together regularly to encourage and to motivate each other to live vibrant lives of service and faith. With the day of Jesus' return and our ultimate victory on the horizon, we should be motivated even more to help and to encourage each other.
    05-18-12 08:53 PM
    Am on it now. Thank you
    You're welcome.
    05-18-12 08:53 PM
    You're welcome.
    Btw, xtians has different commentary of the bible?
    05-19-12 01:53 AM
    James 5:20

"Remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

When someone wanders from the path of God, let's not take that rebellion frivolously. God has given us the tremendous blessing of carrying on the work of our Savior, who came to seek and save the lost!
    05-20-12 08:17 PM
    1 John 1:7

"If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

As we draw near to the Lord and live for him, two amazing blessings come our way. First, we find that our sins are forgiven and we're cleansed of those sins thanks to the loving sacrifice of Jesus. Second, we find that we are not alone in this wonderful cleansing. True fellowship among believers is built when we seek his presence together.
    05-22-12 01:04 AM
    3263715c male, 40, sc usa
    05-22-12 02:20 PM
    Psalm 23:1

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

When we are children, we have total confidence in our parents to take care of our every need. We can be free to explore and play, learning about the world around us. Why is it we have difficulty trusting the Lord to take care of everything in our lives? We say we trust Him, but we still worry over things.
    If we really stop what we're doing and ponder the marvelous fact that God is OUR shepherd, we will understand that there is nothing we will lack or need to live the life He has given us.
    05-22-12 08:49 PM
    Hi all,

I m 30/ Protestant Christian from India.

add me..

My pin : 25e51413

Monty
    05-23-12 05:38 AM
    1 Thessalonians 5:23

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

We know that true righteousness and holiness are qualities possessed perfectly by only God. Amazingly, God uses his Spirit to make those qualities a growing reality in our lives when we will yield to his leadership.
    05-24-12 05:53 PM
    1 John 4:4

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

As born again Christians, we have God the Holy Spirit within us. Do we realize that because God lives within us, we have the power to overcome every spirit that is against Christ. If we remember this when we are facing difficulties at our work, we will overcome. If we remember this when we are in the middle of conflict within our homes, we will overcome. If we remember this when tragedy strikes, we will overcome. Our God is greater than any force in the universe.
    05-25-12 11:59 PM
    Proverbs 3:3-4

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."

Character is measured by the love and faithfulness we genuinely display in our daily lives. These are not simple virtues that we can fake. Merciful love is displayed when we have power over another but choose to treat them with kindness and genuine concern. Faithfulness is being a person of truth -- genuine and trustworthy in word and deed. These virtues need to be a part of our everyday lives and permeate our very identity. When they do, others will notice and God will be pleased.
    05-26-12 06:54 PM
    Pin: 29B5D400

Male/NYC
    05-27-12 04:56 PM
    Psalm 34:15

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
    and his ears are attentive to their cry;
    05-27-12 11:43 PM
    1 Peter 2:12

"Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."

How do we win over to the Gospel of Christ those who are hostile toward us? While we need skilled defenders and expositors of biblical truth, the way most of us will win others is by the way we live and by the way we treat them. No matter how much criticism and harsh treatment we may receive, our deeds must remain Christ-like. To do less is to rob others of a chance to see the living Christ in action.
    05-28-12 04:13 PM
    230234EE

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-29-12 11:31 AM
3,184 ... 8889909192 ...