CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any eczema sufferers?

I am struggling with severe eczema and would love to be able to talk to someone who is going through the same. There are few support groups out there for people like us. I was wondering if any Crackberry users also had to deal with this horrible condition. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello
    thanks for update this useful information this information really helpful.....
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by adorkablerocker View Post
    I am struggling with severe eczema and would love to be able to talk to someone who is going through the same. There are few support groups out there for people like us. I was wondering if any Crackberry users also had to deal with this horrible condition. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had severe eczema on my lower legs for several years. It eventually cleared up but has left significant scarring on my legs. I still get occasional contact dermatitis, but nothing quite so painful and frustrating as the eczema was.

The best advice I can give you is, as hard as it is, try not to scratch it. I found that covering my legs with compression bandages helped me to leave it be. I also found that salves containing coal tar helped to relieve the itching and promote healing.

Ultimately, it often does go away eventually, but it may take years to do so. Some maintain that it's related to poor liver function. Foods and supplements that promote liver health may help, like ginger root tea.

Good luck with your search for treatment. You have my sympathy; it's not something that I'd like to go through again.
    Last edited by TheBear64; 01-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey, my partner had severe eczema which we have healed.
    If you'd like to read my blog it's
    Healing Eczema and Cortisone Withdrawal Symptoms
    And my fb page on our diet is
    Welcome to Facebook

I hope you find some answers there

Good luck,
    Libby
    Melbourne, Australia
    CrackBerry Newbie

Buteyko for Stress Related Conditions - Learn Buteyko International check the website out i had eczema all over my hands and feet i havent been able to do any thing to strenuous like going to the gym or being a builder or... you get the picture just because my skin is so week it cracks and tears i've been told by my G.P to go to this website which is strange because they dont usually promote alternatives i haven't talked to them yet because i am still skeptical so maybe have a look it would be good to here everyone opinion before i go through with the method.
    Banned

I've had some eczema my whole life. I believe it's food/diet/allergy/sensitivity related. Back when I was in my early teens my mom was reading some books written by allergists and did a food rotation diet for me. This means, you don't eat the same foods every single day, rather you eat the food once a week. For example, if you have milk on Monday, you don't have it again Tuesday, Wed., etc. You avoid it altogether till the following Monday. Same with all the other foods. This is hard to do, because milk, eggs, wheat, corn syrup, and so many other things are already in so many things we eat regularly. You have to make a chart and keep track meticulously. Then, when you start doing this, you observe to see how your body reacts to the various foods. If the eczema flares up when you eat a specific food, you have a clue as to what's causing it. I don't remember which food caused it for me, but I think it was milk/dairy and to a lesser extent wheat and red meat. My mom omitted those things from my diet altogether, and my eczema completely went away in about eleven months. Of course, as I became an older teen, I got sloppy and started eating all the things I wanted all the time (McDonald's, pizza, etc.), and the eczema came back. In my experience, it can move around. I've had it on both shins, knees, elbows, and arms. I even had it on my eyelids for a short time, but that was only for like a few months. These days, I think labs can test your blood for all the things you're allergic to, and you can find out what they are without the whole rotating foods diet. In either case, once you know what's causing your allergy, IIRC you have to omit it from your diet, and it takes the body about nine to eleven months to completely heal.

Presently, I have a patch of eczema on my right forearm between my elbow and wrist and, until recently, had a patch of eczema on my left shin. As for the patch on my shin, well that's quite amazing how that just recently went away. I was sick over the course of all last December. It was some sore throat, flu, earache thing - the worst I ever had. I had two courses of antibiotics, could barely get out of bed, and my appetite was nonexistent. I ate very little over December, and I even lost some weight. By the first weeks of January, I noticed the eczema on my shin was 98% gone! I say 98%, because there are some tiny white spots, but really I think those are just spots of healed skin that lack pigment. It never itches or flares up any more. The patch on my forearm is still there. I think if I fasted longer, another month maybe, it would be gone, too.

I'm also sensitive to pollen, and I've read that, though it's hard to believe, bronchial allergies/sensitivities are related to eczema. Should I post a few pics of the healed and not healed, or would you all be grossed out, lol?