Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Arrow Any Deaf crackberry user/member in here?

I am Deaf myself and often wonder if there's any crackberry member(s) here that are Deaf as well? I feel like the only Deaf person to have swapped as many bb's than others in the Deaf community! Anyway, I am 33 (as of 2008) and reside in Ontario, Canada. Waiting to receive my unlocked 8320 likely by Tuesday, whoo! Can't wait to play with my gold bb and see what OS 4.3.1 is like, as well install the email viewer. Look forward to see this thread grow with Deaf crackberry users/abusers!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    yep on my BB

I am not deaf but fluent in asl. I have a deaf fiancee and would like to meet deaf friends

CrackBerry Abuser

I am severely hearing impaired, and wear dual hearing aides. Feel free to contact me!
    It's not easy being me!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/weirdlilwoman
    CrackBerry Addict

I used to be an ASL interpreter for 10 years. I've changed careers, but I still work with the Deaf community, when appropriate.
    I need a vacation!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Sweet! Nice to "meet" y'all! My PIN is 243c747d, so welcome to add me as I use bbm A LOT!! I hardly do email/pin messaging but it's fine by me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I've added you in bbm.

Quote Originally Posted by i_have_a_berry View Post
    I am not deaf but fluent in asl. I have a deaf fiancee and would like to meet deaf friends
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdlilberry View Post
    I am severely hearing impaired, and wear dual hearing aides. Feel free to contact me!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have mild to medium hearing loss, and although I have two hearing aids, I usually just wear one on my right ear when I have to converse with people. Nice to see y`all!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    249F7DCD

I am not totally deaf use hearing aid left ear 80% loss and 40% right ear.
    My sister in law has been deaf since birth. We all sign and read lips.
    I have not tried the hearing aid feature yet and getting ready to get adapter for TTY
    Anytime U want to talk give a ring. Getting new PIN friends every day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    249F7DCD

244D8B73 is my pin I don't see it on the WAP forum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Glad to see there's "hard of hearing" people on here. I wear hearing aid in my R ear, none in my L ear. I do hear pretty well, but loyally Deaf. I grew up in a deaf institution (residental school), so I'm more of a Deafie. I've been told that I speak quite good; most people would understand me at ease, but I noticed the foreign ones would have trouble understanding me because of my "deaf accent"? hmm :-) Again nice to meet y'all and welcome to add me in bbm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,981 Global Posts
    PIN
    Sucka Free

Sorry I am stupid but what does ASL stand for I am assuming it's sign language but the A stands for what?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,175 Global Posts
    PIN
    confidential ;)

Quote Originally Posted by raylol16 View Post
    Sorry I am stupid but what does ASL stand for I am assuming it's sign language but the A stands for what?
    American Sign Language
    "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them."
    ------------------------------
    - check it: The Candid Commentary
    - email me

..catch me on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Dog Ate It

Not deaf, ASL Interpreter here. Have a large group of Deaf Friends, who are all addicts.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm not deaf but recently had a customer in our Hallmark store who is. Between her BB and mine, we were able to converse easily and I was able to help her find the product that she wanted. Gotta say it was a lot easier to communicate and we both enjoyed showing off our BB typing skills.
    CrackBerry Addict

ERDude.....down in SD, eh? Large Deaf population down there. I was in CSUN for my BA in Deaf Studies a while back. When I moved away, I ended up out of touch a bit.
    I need a vacation!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    234F6BFC

Default Hey!!Pixie!

Hi, I am in Ontario too! I just traded my sidekick (hiptop) back for my Blackberry. PIN me if you want to talk, I would like to know more about you. I am late deaf.

DJ!
    2069D468

Quote Originally Posted by BBpixie View Post
    I am Deaf myself and often wonder if there's any crackberry member(s) here that are Deaf as well? I feel like the only Deaf person to have swapped as many bb's than others in the Deaf community! Anyway, I am 33 (as of 2008) and reside in Ontario, Canada. Waiting to receive my unlocked 8320 likely by Tuesday, whoo! Can't wait to play with my gold bb and see what OS 4.3.1 is like, as well install the email viewer. Look forward to see this thread grow with Deaf crackberry users/abusers!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    234F6BFC

Default More pixie

Hey you have good english for someone who went to deaf residential school. I know many that i cannot understand. I went to mainstream school and my speech is still good because I go to a speech therapist once every year or two but hubby tells me he notices it is getting funny.

dj

Quote Originally Posted by BBpixie View Post
    Glad to see there's "hard of hearing" people on here. I wear hearing aid in my R ear, none in my L ear. I do hear pretty well, but loyally Deaf. I grew up in a deaf institution (residental school), so I'm more of a Deafie. I've been told that I speak quite good; most people would understand me at ease, but I noticed the foreign ones would have trouble understanding me because of my "deaf accent"? hmm :-) Again nice to meet y'all and welcome to add me in bbm.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    234F6BFC

Talking Anyone?

If you ever want to chat I am on most IM's listed below. Just let me know who you are.

dj evans (replace the words with the symbols)
    starskygirl at rogers dot blackberry dot net

flashinghands - yahoo
    starskygirl2 - aim
    starskygirl@gmail.com - windows live (msn)
    starskygirl - google talk
    2069d468 - PIN
    CrackBerry Newbie

hello all my Deaf and hard of Hearing friends how you doing and hope you all enjoy being a members/users of crackberry. and so do you everyone who is/are interest in Deaf and Deaf community
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    PM me 4 PIN

Deafie here from SoCal! with no hearing aids. Big YO to yall DHH CB users! yeah

wanna be my friend?

here is my pin 31c5bfe3

berry me up
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by raylol16 View Post
    American Sign Language...

As of Sept 2008, I am now an ASL teacher for a college in my town. Sweet!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by StarskyGirl View Post
    Hey you have good english for someone who went to deaf residential school. I know many that i cannot understand. I went to mainstream school and my speech is still good because I go to a speech therapist once every year or two but hubby tells me he notices it is getting funny.

dj
    Thank you for the compliment on my English. I guess reading helps a lot! I used to ask questions what this and that motto meant, "reading between the lines" and such, then later on I built common sense what I was reading and understood. I know a lot of Deaf people don't have good English as they rely on ASL mostly but I got used to reading how they write. I love to read Harry Potter books and novels written by V.C. Andrews. (very few by Stephen King) I love reading!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

A Deaf Crackberry addict here!

I'm a Massachusetts resident who is a PURE ASL user. I'm profoundly deaf in my R ear and "hard of hearing" in my L ear wearing a hearing aid. I also can speak fluently. BUT... I'm still a Deafie with a big "D!"

Please feel free to PM me for my PIN number.

And... The most important thing is that I *kiss-fist* Blackberries!
    I've never thought that I'd get THAT addicted!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3142230C

hello.
    i'm not deaf, but i've been around ASL for along time.
    My grandmother, who passed away June of 06'. was deaf and that's how my family learned how to ASL.. Plus my mother is an Intepreter for High School Kids, who's families could not afford to get help in school
    CrackBerry User

Looking for new friends who sign in the area DMV. Im hearing but ive been signing for a while now. PM me for my PIN
    ~*RastaGaL01*~

VA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast