Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Bbm channels subscribers

    Hello forum, wondering if anyone can help answer or explain what's going on with my BBM Channel Subscribers.
    Basically I have created a channel and it's going quite well over the past couple of weeks and am having lots of subscribers every single day. The problem is, within less than 24 hrs, I have lost over 100 subscribers and it seems to be going down every time I check. Is there a reason why this is happening? I don't mind having people leave but to have so many people gone within a couple of hours is very disturbing. Is there something wrong with Blackberry servers or is this some sort of glitch. Thanks
  2. BruvvaPete's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,066 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E
    #2  

    Default

    Interesting. I don't have a ton of viewers, but I noticed visits have dropped dramatically in the time period you mentioned.

    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    @BruvvaPete
  3. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Routeplanner View Post
    Hello forum, wondering if anyone can help answer or explain what's going on with my BBM Channel Subscribers.
    Basically I have created a channel and it's going quite well over the past couple of weeks and am having lots of subscribers every single day. The problem is, within less than 24 hrs, I have lost over 100 subscribers and it seems to be going down every time I check. Is there a reason why this is happening? I don't mind having people leave but to have so many people gone within a couple of hours is very disturbing. Is there something wrong with Blackberry servers or is this some sort of glitch. Thanks
    Hey Routeplanner. I haven't noticed anything? Could you provide your channel pin? Mabey after looking at it, I can give some insight. It's pretty much impossible without seeing your subject matter and such.

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
  4. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BruvvaPete View Post
    Interesting. I don't have a ton of viewers, but I noticed visits have dropped dramatically in the time period you mentioned.

    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Hey, just joined your Channel. Very cool. Those twin China Towers are unreal.

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
  5. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Channel Pin : C00125D29
    Just went down to 90 subs...so strange
  6. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBURK View Post
    Hey Routeplanner. I haven't noticed anything? Could you provide your channel pin? Mabey after looking at it, I can give some insight. It's pretty much impossible without seeing your subject matter and such.

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Channel Pin : C00125D29
    Just went down to 90 subs...so strange
  7. BruvvaPete's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,066 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBURK View Post
    Hey, just joined your Channel. Very cool. Those twin China Towers are unreal.

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Thank you so much! Your input is greatly appreciated. The towers are definitely an eye catcher.

    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    @BruvvaPete
  8. eldricho's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,572 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,576 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Routeplanner View Post
    Channel Pin : C00125D29
    Just went down to 90 subs...so strange
    It's definitely not use usual for a channel of this nature to drop in subscribers in droves like that. Down to 89

    Posted via CB10
    October 2006 - December 2008: Samsung 1310 Flip Phone->December 2008 - December 2009: BB Pearl 8100->December 2009 - March 2013: BB Curve 8520->March 2013 - August 2013: BB Curve 9300->(2013: Bricked 7290)->August 2013+: BB Z10!
    Remember the Thanks Button is just below!
  9. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eldricho View Post
    It's definitely not use usual for a channel of this nature to drop in subscribers in droves like that. Down to 89

    Posted via CB10
    Differently unusal... you think there's a glitch or something?
  10. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Routeplanner View Post
    Differently unusal... you think there's a glitch or something?
    OK lol. I just wanted to make sure you had a Channel that kept people's interest. You passed with flying colours.

    Unless a bunch of wives are onto their husbands, I can't see any reason to leave your channel. Sorry, what was the highest member count and how long did it take to go down?

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
  11. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    2. Sorry, got it. Just read your original post again. Ya, no reason to go down 100. Just looked at my channel count and it has not gone down. Strange. That has to be some sort of glitch. I joined though.

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
  12. eldricho's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,572 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,576 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBURK View Post
    2. Sorry, got it. Just read your original post again. Ya, no reason to go down 100. Just looked at my channel count and it has not gone down. Strange. That has to be some sort of glitch. I joined though.

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Definitely weird
    Joined too :P

    Posted via CB10
    October 2006 - December 2008: Samsung 1310 Flip Phone->December 2008 - December 2009: BB Pearl 8100->December 2009 - March 2013: BB Curve 8520->March 2013 - August 2013: BB Curve 9300->(2013: Bricked 7290)->August 2013+: BB Z10!
    Remember the Thanks Button is just below!
  13. MaxFresh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    451 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    It's not weird. I'll tell you what has happened.

    BlackBerry has deemed your channel to be of 18+ content and has permanently changed your subscriber minimum age to that effect. All of the subscribers 'leaving' your channel aren't leaving in their own accord, they were all under 18 and have been blocked from your channel by blackberry.

    Hope that clears it up

    Visit The CFC Cartel
    I don't drink anymore.......... or any less, "double scotch on the rocks please"
  14. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eldricho View Post
    Definitely weird
    Joined too :P

    Posted via CB10
    Thanks guys really appreciate that but the way it's sinking, I guess we will see what happens within the next 24 hours.
  15. BruvvaPete's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,066 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,067 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E
    #15  

    Default

    @MaxFresh that makes, sense but if that were so, why wouldn't the underage visitors be gone all at once and not piecemeal?

    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    @BruvvaPete
  16. MaxFresh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    451 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    It's a world wide cutoff, it's done gradually. When they release an update for Bbm does everyone get it at the exact same time ? No

    Visit The CFC Cartel
    I don't drink anymore.......... or any less, "double scotch on the rocks please"
  17. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxFresh View Post
    It's not weird. I'll tell you what has happened.

    BlackBerry has deemed your channel to be of 18+ content and has permanently changed your subscriber minimum age to that effect. All of the subscribers 'leaving' your channel aren't leaving in their own accord, they were all under 18 and have been blocked from your channel by blackberry.

    Hope that clears it up

    Visit The CFC Cartel
    This sure is interesting, what I don't get though is exactly what @BruvvaPete has said "why not all gone at once instead of piece by piece" and also I don't remember entering my date of birth when I signed up to use BBM services. I have just check all my blackberry profiles and there's no DoB option.
  18. xBURK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Routeplanner View Post
    This sure is interesting, what I don't get though is exactly what @BruvvaPete has said "why not all gone at once instead of piece by piece" and also I don't remember entering my date of birth when I signed up to use BBM services. I have just check all my blackberry profiles and there's no DoB option.
    Yes, I don't recall putting my D.O.B in either? Unless there is a team of people policing BBM Channels and they just go by avatar photos. Seems far fetched though. (mabey you were subject to a raid Or possibly Android and Apple users have to input D.O.B's?

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
  19. eldricho's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,572 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,576 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBURK View Post
    Yes, I don't recall putting my D.O.B in either? Unless there is a team of people policing BBM Channels and they just go by avatar photos. Seems far fetched though. (mabey you were subject to a raid Or possibly Android and Apple users have to input D.O.B's?

    "BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Yes, Android an iOS users have to put in their date of birth, not sure about already existing users that were already on BB10

    I think the explanation about 18+ is the best to explain the situation along with the servers updating amd removing the current subscribers on that server at different times

    Posted via CB10
    October 2006 - December 2008: Samsung 1310 Flip Phone->December 2008 - December 2009: BB Pearl 8100->December 2009 - March 2013: BB Curve 8520->March 2013 - August 2013: BB Curve 9300->(2013: Bricked 7290)->August 2013+: BB Z10!
    Remember the Thanks Button is just below!
  20. Nick Spagnolo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    346 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    C00437c10

    z10
  21. Verbal72's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    225 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    You could also check on a PC/MAC that your Channel hasn't added some countries to the block list.

    Another Channel owner said the same thing about losing Subs. Turns out, that somehow he had 10 or so countries blocked.



    GTA 5 News & Info Channel C0042DFE0
    GTA 5 News & Info Channel C0042DFE0
  22. binabaltik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I joined a channel today and was asked to enter my DOB. I have a Q10 and joined a wallpaper channel.

    Posted via my trusty Q10
  23. user5240's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eldricho View Post
    Definitely weird
    Joined too :P

    Posted via CB10
    Joined too
    if you want it done right; do it yourself
  24. Routeplanner's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal72 View Post
    You could also check on a PC/MAC that your Channel hasn't added some countries to the block list.

    Another Channel owner said the same thing about losing Subs. Turns out, that somehow he had 10 or so countries blocked.



    GTA 5 News & Info Channel C0042DFE0
    Looks like blackberry has done a number of work on me. Not only have they set the age range to over 18 years, they have also restricted over 25 countries from accessing my channel .To be honest with you guys, I don't feel like posting any more stuffs on the channel. The least they can do is feature my channel on the home page. Am now down to 66 subscribers
  25. geoffsdad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,658 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Between reports and this, blackberry is really holding back BBMC, Especially in free market, open societies. Policy is too conservative and too subjective. Why should my Channel and subs have a post deleted, or a whole region blocked because one guy says so?

    Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BBM Stickers Group
    By DaDaDogg in forum Discover BBM Groups 2014
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 12:03 AM
  2. Why won't it let me install the BBM beta for Windows Phone?
    By ajst222 in forum BBM on Windows Phone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:42 PM
  3. Windows BBM Beta is now open!
    By Joel Hill in forum BBM on Windows Phone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM
  4. BBM Q5 blank after update
    By Heripty in forum BlackBerry Q5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:17 AM
  5. How to change or restore bbm wallpaper
    By jetkoni in forum General BBM Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Posting Permissions