BBM Channels is so great! With so much potential.

I really wish companies would use this more. It seems like most half a s s it. Posting once and a while. CrackBerry is a perfect example of this. Their last post on there was 10 Oct.

I think if BlackBerry was to push Channels out to more companies it would help grow the numbers.

I have tried to use it as my main source of feeds as oppose to Twitter, but obviously with the lack of support and updates, it's just not doable right now.

How many of you think it's going to last? Do you think BlackBerry will shut it down?
    Do you see it growing at all? I have tried to get some of my contacts that use Android and iOS to get on board with Channels, but they don't seem interested. It's hard enough to get BlackBerry users to use it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 09:34 AM
    They wont shut it down but the adoption rate is pretty slow. Alot of people and companies tried it for a bit and then dropped it. BB made it hard to access on BBM, you couldnt push updates to it simultaneously with facebook and twitter. It doesnt offer much over those 2 mediums either. It needs to be reworked and if serious about it, market it. It just doesnt have any real interest right now
    10-25-14 09:41 AM
    I love BBM channels. In fact, I run one of my own! I think it's a great way to get good news and information and interact with people who share your interests.

The fact that it is on BBM means you get to enjoy its great security and privacy features, which is a big reason I prefer BBM over Facebook and Twitter.

I regularly post invites to BBM and to my channel on my other social media accounts. To my knowledge, it hasn't resulted in any of my friends who isn't on BBM to install it or try it out, but I refuse to be discouraged.

Sooner or later, there's going to be a breach or compromise or something that exploits Facebook or Google and their data mining business models. People are already waking up to the reality that very few tech companies out there really care about keeping your data secure and private.

BlackBerry is poised to swoop in and gather the disenchanted masses under its wing. You can communicate and interact with people safely and securely on BBM, which is approaching 100 million active users. You have total control over what information you do and don't share, and BlackBerry will never mine your data for profit.

As more people adopt BBM, the businesses and celebrities will come. BBM Channels support on HootSuite is huge, and will make it much easier for companies to integrate into their social media outreach.

I think things are only going to get better for BBM and Channels.

Typed with dazzling speed and accuracy on my Q10
    10-25-14 09:49 AM
    Well said!

I like your optimism. I will continue to use Channels as well. I also like the secure aspect of it.
    For example I have a private channel where just my family members are invited. I use that channel to share pictures of my child as oppose to using Facebook where they could be available everywhere. I do like that aspect of it.

HootSuite is a great app for companies. Now it's just a matter of getting those companies, celebs, news organizations, etc to add BBM Channels to their distribution list!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 09:58 AM