Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I get functionality on digicel network

I have two(2) unlocked Blackberry storms (formerly Verizon network) that I use on the Digicel network in Trinidad and Tobago WI. Digicel allows you to use special codes that u dial out in order to top-up, check balances and other stuff ( example: Type *120# then send will give you your balance; Type *121*(your 13 digit top-up PIN number)# then send will top up ur phone with the purchased dollar amt). Unfortunately when i try to use these codes The phone treats them as numbers being dialed out and the function fails. The phones have to be topped up by a third party to put money on them. I have a Samsung unlocked phone from a US carriers that works fine on Digicel. Can someone tell me what I can do to get FULL functionality on my network?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    280892F5

Exclamation Digicel Short codes fix

1) if your not on the BIS service you need to turn off DATA Services and then switch Network Technology to Global Services. Then do a battery pull and everything should start working.

2)If you have active BIS service then you need to Leave Data services on and just do everything else and you should be OK
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Great!!! That worked! Thank you so much Ghettobomb.
    Thanked by:
    Skylined (12-01-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    280892F5

no problem just remember to help others nah mean
    CrackBerry Newbie

i tried your tip and it worked just once.idk wat the prob is.i live in st.lucia n my fone is ulock but it was previously owned by somebody with verizon serives.im experiencing the same problem9cant dial *120# or *136#).any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

destinyblaize, do you have a Blackberry data plan?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    280892F5

All you have to do is follow the steps laid out in my previous post and everything should be OK. Are you using digicel ?

Sent from Ghettobomb BlackBerry 9810
    CrackBerry Newbie

is there a way to fix the problem permanently for good.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,604 Global Posts

Actually the better fix for this is
    Dial ##000000 You will come to a screen, In there you want to change the "Mobile Directory Number" to your number with the area code "+1868" (Im not sure if you need the plus) Press BB Menu button..and press save. The phone may restart if not do a hard reset and thats it..P.S the "#000000" is only for Verizon.
    9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..
    Just A Berliever....

Join Me On My Journey To Becoming A Hip/Hop Artiste!
    By Joining My Music Channel
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thnxx that wrked sir jes bigup