The built-in Blackberry Assistant has so many helpful and essential options, and it reacts very successfully to my voice. From quick notes and setting alarms to messaging or playing music and so much more, it certainly rivals the other computer and phone-based voice control programs, with one exception that happens to turn it into an utter failure. It cannot be activated by voice. Having to hold my mute key for each command negates actual hands free use, and therefore it's usefulness in a vehicle or when one's hands are otherwise occupied and actually in need of using voice commands. Is there any news or rumor about giving it the ability to be activated via voice command?
    MrRtic likes this.
    04-04-16 06:01 PM
    I completely agree, although I've paired my Passport with my Ford Explorer and programmed the BlackBerry Assistant as a 'quick dial' that I can access from my steering wheel.
    This essentially keeps me hands free and I can access the assistant while driving.
    04-04-16 06:34 PM
    I have my Passport paired with my car, and it will access my contacts to make phone calls or read texts when received but will not make use of the Assistant. How can you program Assistant as a quick dial? And can it use all of the features, such as reading a specified email, set a reminder, check the calendar, send a dictated BBM message or play a specified music list or artist?
    04-07-16 08:19 AM
    Good ideas.
    08-19-16 03:09 AM
    For it to be activated by voice alone could mean that the device were constantly listening to conversations & so on (thereby not as private). However, a driving mode could be possible through making the phone a hands-free file/contact server/phone accessed through a QNX infotainment system -- as touted in the QNX video "Imagined: Your car in the not-so-distant future." ( )

Q10 has been a healthy supplement to my work | life balance. Posted via CB10.
    01-02-17 04:40 PM
    I completely agree, although I've paired my Passport with my Ford Explorer and programmed the BlackBerry Assistant as a 'quick dial' that I can access from my steering wheel.
    This essentially keeps me hands free and I can access the assistant while driving.
    Excellent usage
    03-24-17 11:09 AM