I haven't spent any time on this side of the forums, so hopefully this is the right place.

I have been interested in learning how to program for years but I have not had the option of going to school (yet) to learn. I would consider myself very computer savvy and a very quick learner. I know that learning a programming language can take time, but I am willing to put in a lot of time to learn quickly.

I was hoping that some of you here might be able to point me into a direction for me to get started. I was thinking about learning Java first. Are there any materials out there that are either free or cheap that would help me in my venture? I am looking for books with good substance, not simply and "introduction."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescpage; 09-30-14 at 02:24 PM.
    09-30-14 02:03 PM
    This one was free a while back.... I cant vouch for its quality though...

Cascades for b10.pdf 5.9 MB
    https://mega.co.nz/#!cp1B3CSZ!0wnsAZ...PewAXeO7xkbHeI
    09-30-14 02:27 PM
    I was hoping that some of you here might be able to point me into a direction for me to get started. I was thinking about learning Java first. Are there any materials out there that are either free or cheap that would help me in my venture? I am looking for books with good substance, not simply and "introduction."

Posted via CB10
    No reason to do that.
    Start easy and do some simple HTML and JavaScript stuff. You can start at W3C Schools. Then, learn c++ and/or learn about basic Object Oriented Programming. Then go to the BlackBerry Developer site and go through the tutorials or just come up with an app you want to make and use the examples to help you along.
    10-03-14 01:05 PM
    No reason to do that.
    Start easy and do some simple HTML and JavaScript stuff. You can start at W3C Schools. Then, learn c++ and/or learn about basic Object Oriented Programming. Then go to the BlackBerry Developer site and go through the tutorials or just come up with an app you want to make and use the examples to help you along.
    Nice info

Z30 Beast on Roids....
    10-27-14 12:44 PM