Heya there!

I have a question regarding what is the most user friendly/preferred WebWorks code editors, I have notepad++ as a general tool, but I in particular like is the "wysiwyg" style editors.. DreamWeaver is a good example of this.. I see that there is also Visual Studio by MS amongst others...

So in essence I'm deciding what would be the best to use.. I would love some input on what other devs from personal experience on what you like to use and why???

I would appreciate your input here BIG time, I don't want to waste money and use an inferior software..

Thanks a ton in advance!
    The Frogster
    08-26-13 09:24 AM
    Heya there!

I have a question regarding what is the most user friendly/preferred WebWorks code editors, I have notepad++ as a general tool, but I in particular like is the "wysiwyg" style editors.. DreamWeaver is a good example of this.. I see that there is also Visual Studio by MS amongst others...

So in essence I'm deciding what would be the best to use.. I would love some input on what other devs from personal experience on what you like to use and why???

I would appreciate your input here BIG time, I don't want to waste money and use an inferior software..

Thanks a ton in advance!
    The Frogster
    SublimeText 2/3

WYWIWYG is one thing, but the UI part of an app is the smallest part.. most of the coding is text based
    08-26-13 09:54 AM
    SublimeText 2/3

WYWIWYG is one thing, but the UI part of an app is the smallest part.. most of the coding is text based
    Morten I am aware of that, but with wysiwyg its still helpful when deploying visual elements instead of using the simulator or device every time.. RIM do suggest either Dreamweaver or Visual Studio for that purpose.. But they are unbiased for obvious reasons, I just would like to know what other developers prefer???
    08-26-13 10:15 AM
    SublimeText 2/3
    Agreed. I just flip to Chrome (Ripple) and hit Refresh to see the effect of my changes as I go.
    Morten likes this.
    08-26-13 10:27 AM
    as @KmSoft said - Chrome(ripple) - and combine with some LiveReload action...

like this:
    08-26-13 10:31 AM
    Couple problems with WYSIWYG:

- it's not compatible with BBUI
    - it creates a huge pile of junk code
    - it's harder to dynamically style
    - you will likely lose resolution independence

If you must use a WYSIWYG tool like dreamweaver, only use it for mock ups. Build your final UI by hand, it's the only way to get it perfect.
    08-26-13 10:44 AM
    Sublime text ! With ripple

Sent from my HTC Sensation using CB Forums mobile app
    08-26-13 11:01 AM
    Sorry for coming back so late, but I really do appreciate all of your help from everyone!

I have downloaded Sublime Text 3 and that beats Notepad++ hands down!

Its really fantastic.. And as for the video to auto update, fantastic too!
    I shall go step by step and configure properly.

Tnx again to ya all
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    08-29-13 05:20 AM