Hi guys,

Could really do with some help please!!

Im launching a cloud backup company in the next few weeks and want to create an app for bb's running OS5 and above. (we have something simple for iphone and android but being a die hard BB user I want something on my phone too!)

The app is nothing complicated, all it has to do is open the browser go to a web address.

Ive seen a few apps on the app store that do this, mainly newspaper apps that take you to the mobile version of their site, but I have no idea where to get started.

Not coming from a development background it seems like absolute rocket science to me.

Can anyone advice with developer SDK i need to download and how I make a start?

Thank you so much!
    Shayan
    08-27-12 07:00 PM
    08-27-12 09:47 PM
    he is talking about an OS5+ app. not a Playbook tablet app.

(if you want a Playbook Tablet app, PM me and i create it [with custom icon and launchscreen] )
    08-29-12 06:48 AM
    I think recompile was correct. The WebWorks SDK works on OS5+, including PB.
    08-29-12 09:42 AM
    Webworks compatibility is very shakey as you move back to earlier OS versions. OS5 doesn't even support HTML5 iirc. I'm not sure what exactly the packager does, but if it's meant for the Playbook or OS7 devices, it probably won't work with OS5.
    08-29-12 09:50 AM
    No worries, for what he wants to do, open a webpage, webworks will work just fine even on OS5. The instructions will work just fine with minimal changes.
    08-29-12 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD