I'm using the Eclipse SDK 3.6.1.M20100909-0800xxx65279; .

My program has several projects (modules) and hundreds of files.

I'm building with the 4.6.0.23 SDK and debugging in the simulator on the 8900 from the 4.6.1.49 SDK.

In almost every file that I've needed to set a breakpoint, the breakpoint is successfully set in the simulator and the simulator breaks (stops) when the code hits that point.

However in one file, I get the error --

Unable to install breakpoint in com.... (full class name) due to missing line number attributes. Modify compiler options to generate line number attributes.
    Reason: Absent Line Number Information.

By the way, I just realized that the full class name in the error message is for an interface that I have defined in the file. My break point WAS NOT set in that interface. It is set on a line of code in a class defined in the same file.

I never had a problem setting break points in this file with the 3.5 Eclipse SDK.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I need to be able to set breakpoints in this file!
    06-02-11 09:37 AM
    This may be of some help (or, it may not):

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2...ic-t-8309.html
    06-05-11 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply Ion, but I do not see how any of that would help here. It is possible that RIM is using ANT to do its packaging, but I have no control over any settings RIM may be using.
    06-05-11 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply Ion, but I do not see how any of that would help here. It is possible that RIM is using ANT to do its packaging, but I have no control over any settings RIM may be using.
    I'd dig into your project folders and see if there's a build.xml file, and if that's the problem.
    06-12-11 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD