First question - this is a Java development question. Is there a better Forum thant this general discussion forum for Java development questions?

Now the real question --

I read in the UiApplication javadoc page that applications have a limited number timers available to them. Is this true?

If yes, how many timers is the limit?

Thanks
    11-20-09 10:18 AM
    This should be in the developer forum. I'll asked for it to get moved.
    11-20-09 10:39 AM
    One thing you should remember is that Timer objects are nothing more than Threads that call wait() on themselves for the length of time you specify before running your code. There is a limit on the number of Threads a BlackBerry can have running at one time, therefore there is also a limit on the number of Timers, since each Timer object you instantiate creates one Thread that doesn't die until you call cancel() on the Timer (or when your app closes).

I don't know what the actual limit is, nor can I recall ever having seen it mentioned anywhere, but I know there is one. That being said, you really should not ever hit the limit if you're coding stuff the right way. What are your intentions? Do you have some need to spawn a large number of timers/threads in your app? If so, there's probably a better way to do it.
    Last edited by Andiamo; 11-25-09 at 03:30 PM.
    11-25-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD