Hey everyone
    I am looking to make an iPad/iOS app.
    The idea is simple. I want to be able to use my Blackberry keyboard as a wireless keyboard for the iPad. There used to be an app called BluCTRL that allowed this function, but I can no longer find it.**And I read iBluever will also work, but I haven't had any luck with it. I can't seem to get the dial number right.
    I am using an iPad 3rd generation on 6.0.1 (jailbroken) and a Blackberry 9900 on 7.1.0.746, although that shouldn't matter, but I decided to include it.

As we all know, you can't pair a Blackberry with an iPad, but I want to figure out a way around it, because like I said, I know other apps have done it.
    I'm trying to figure out the HID profile to use. I am not a bluetooth developer, but I don't mind learning a new skill . Does Blackberry have a special HID profile? Or can I use the generic HID profile?** Kevin, over at Crackberry had a video where he used his Blackberry as a wireless keyboard for his Xoom using Blackberry Bridge, and he said he got it to work with various tablets.** I would love to use Blackberry Bridge for this, so I am thinking that I won't need to create an app for Blackberry, but just for the iPad.

So overall, does anyone know how I can get around the Apple lockdown of Bluetooth? And where do I start with this?**Also, if someone knows where I can get BluCTRL or how to get iBluever to do this, that would be fine too.

I also wanted to note that I am NOT trying to use my phone as a hotspot to tether. I am just looking to use it as a bluetooth keyboard (...and maybe mouse once I get it working).

I am posting this on Crackberry and ipadforums. And for the Crackberry team, I know the mouse idea seems pointless because BB10 doesn't have a trackpad, but I want to try anyway.

Thanks for your input.
    02-07-13 12:08 AM
    An app for iPad won't help with this. You need to send out generic HID signals that the iPad's built-in Bluetooth drivers can interpret.
    You should be looking at writing software for the Blackberry to emulate the appropriate HID.

Unless you want to write a jailbreak specific app, in which case you'll need to work with mobile substrate, and I have zero experience with that.
    02-07-13 12:35 PM
    So I need to make a Blackberry app? Now what about the issue of a Blackberry not pairing to an iPad? If I made a Blackberry app with a HID profile, would it overwrite the fact that its a blackberry?
    I mean it seems fairly simple if it was as easy as making the HID profile app for BB, but if I did that, I'm not sure how I could get the iPad to accept it.
    02-07-13 02:15 PM
    I guess the first step is to figure out why the iPad won't pair with the BB. I'm guessing because it's not broadcasting a service that's compatible with the iPad.

So of you developed an app that broadcast a HID service that the iPad recognized, it should allow it to pair with the BB.

I'm not that well versed in Bluetooth programming so I don't know if this is actually possible though. I don't know if you can program a device to broadcast as something other than what it's default is.

Basically, you want to make the iPad think that your blackberry is actually a compatible device like a Bluetooth keyboard.
    02-07-13 02:21 PM
    Okay. Thanks for your help. I may PM you for a little help.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!
    02-07-13 10:43 PM