CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sideload Apple iPhone apps?

I know you can sideload android apps onto a blackberry z10 but does anyone know if you can sideload apps from the Apple's app store ?? If so how?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Sharp View Post
    I know you can sideload android apps onto a blackberry z10 but does anyone know if you can sideload apps from the Apple's app store ?? If so how?

Posted via CB10
    No.

One day maybe...
    There is a project coming that does it. But the guy working on it never went past private beta.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I remember one dev side loaded iphone apps and games on his playbook, but never heard from it again.

We do know it is possible, it just isn't stable enough. I hope some day BBRY will make use of this oppurtunity and make it work on bb10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using CrackBerry Forums App
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I hope so!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

How and what does this mean, and how do you do this please

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

You won't ever be able to do it because Apple will sue the pants off anyone who does. It's illegal to run an emulator of iOS on any phone/tablet other than Apple branded hardware. Any individual or organization that breaks that rule will feel the fiery power of Apples legal team.

Plus, I am a full time iOS developer and in my free time do BB10 development and I can tell you first hand BB10's Cascades framework is light years ahead of Apples XCode.

Posted via CB10 Dev Alpha C
    CrackBerry Master

That's good to hear someone who develops apps for iOS =)

That's the way apple does things and they'll never change unless their ship's gonna sink one day

Quote Originally Posted by HuXu7 View Post
    You won't ever be able to do it because Apple will sue the pants off anyone who does. It's illegal to run an emulator of iOS on any phone/tablet other than Apple branded hardware. Any individual or organization that breaks that rule will feel the fiery power of Apples legal team.

Plus, I am a full time iOS developer and in my free time do BB10 development and I can tell you first hand BB10's Cascades framework is light years ahead of Apples XCode.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

It is not illegal at all if you're not using Apple code or tools to do it.

I find it very hard to believe that you actually develop using Apple's platform with a comment like that comparing a UI framework to a coding GDI.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    It is not illegal at all if you're not using Apple code or tools to do it.

I find it very hard to believe that you actually develop using Apple's platform with a comment like that comparing a UI framework to a coding GDI.
    Ok maybe not illegal but Apple will still come after you. Just like they did with a company who was selling hackintoshes.

And as far as thinking that I don't develop with Apples tools, ok so I wasn't "technically" correct in my use of words but iOS SDK and XCode go hand in hand and their framework has you put the model and view controller in the same classes as your business logic, which pollutes your code with view logic and business logic which makes it harder to read. While with Cascades you can put your view with your view controller leaving your model and business logic in C++ which makes it much easier to read when trying to find bugs in your business logic. I do work full time doing iOS internal apps in Obj-C.

Posted via CB10 Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

And as far as thinking that I don't develop with Apples tools, ok so I wasn't "technically" correct in my use of words but iOS SDK and XCode go hand in hand and their framework has you put the model and view controller in the same classes as your business logic, which pollutes your code with view logic and business logic which makes it harder to read. While with Cascades you can put your view with your view controller leaving your model and business logic in C++ which makes it much easier to read when trying to find bugs in your business logic. I do work full time doing iOS internal apps in Obj-C.

Posted via CB10 Z10
    And what I mean by the view controller being in your business logic, an example is the TableView, you have to implement a UITableViewDelegate, which has methods like count and cellForIndexpath is now part of your class while in Cascades you put your view design and table cell logic in the view so the only thing your C++ code needs to do is give your view a model and then bam the view takes care of the rest.

Posted via CB10 Z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

And what I mean by the view controller being in your business logic, an example is the TableView, you have to implement a UITableViewDelegate, which has methods like count and cellForIndexpath is now part of your class while in Cascades you put your view design and table cell logic in the view so the only thing your C++ code needs to do is give your view a model and then bam the view takes care of the rest.

Posted via CB10 Z10
    If your organize your code, that should never be an issue. I actually prefer it the way that Xcode incorporates everything.

I feel cascades is somewhat disjunct and immature as a design language. There are some weird UI paradigms introduced that seem to be more due to technical limitations (see: lack of development time) as opposed to conscious design decisions made with the user in mind. In terms of style, I don't think cocoa or cascades are particularly visually appealing at this point in time, but I prefer the interface paradigm that iOS has going. There's a lot of wasted space with cascades right now.

Bottom line is, cascades isn't "light years" ahead of anything. You prefer it, which is great. But that doesn't make it the best solution, and it certainly isn't light years ahead of anything, by any stretch of the imagination.
    Go get some apps!

I've done a fair amount of work in Xcode. Used to do it full time for a while.

In my experience NDK and Cascades in general, speaking about documentation and easy of coding, has always felt farther ahead to me as well.

I understand what Apple tried to do with Xcode. But I find most things (side by side to Cascades) longer and more cumbersome to do the same thing. Where as I'd rather use NDK and be able to go somewhat cross platform as a more interesting solution for myself.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

I have a side question.

Is is possible to do the folkowung:
    Load an iOS app into X code to view the code line by line and see what does what?

Migrate an iOS app into the BB10 SDK (forgive me if I have the wording wrong), and modify the code as required to accomplish creating a new app.

I don't intend to steal an application, but rather I'd like to migrate an apps essential fundamentals, change the layout, learn how to tweak it. Kinda a way to learn or jump start learning how to code by example as it where. Some apps have inspired a few ideas, but for them to come to fruition will take at least a year.

Thanks for any advice public or PM.

Posted via CB10
    Weapon Of Choice = BlackBerry: Z10
    Amunition = BB10 Full Metal Jacket, the Mobile OS piercing violator!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_Fly1 View Post
    I have a side question.

Is is possible to do the folkowung:
    Load an iOS app into X code to view the code line by line and see what does what?

Migrate an iOS app into the BB10 SDK (forgive me if I have the wording wrong), and modify the code as required to accomplish creating a new app.

I don't intend to steal an application, but rather I'd like to migrate an apps essential fundamentals, change the layout, learn how to tweak it. Kinda a way to learn or jump start learning how to code by example as it where. Some apps have inspired a few ideas, but for them to come to fruition will take at least a year.

Thanks for any advice public or PM.

Posted via CB10
    Negative. iOS apps are compiled code. There's no way to see the original code once it's been compiled.

You could try and contact the developer and see if they're willing to share the source (not likely). But even then, you may have quite a tough time interpreting their code.
    Go get some apps!
    CrackBerry Master

Ah many thanks. Much appreciated.

Looks like ilk start with a drawing board of sorts and start to learn c++ the hard way and work my way up from there. When I have funds I may post for some rudimentary help here.

Posted via CB10
    Weapon Of Choice = BlackBerry: Z10
    Amunition = BB10 Full Metal Jacket, the Mobile OS piercing violator!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,529 Global Posts

Have you ever programmed before? If not, c++ is a tricky place to start. I'd suggest you start with something like HTML/Javascript.

There's a plethora of tutorials online and you don't need any tools other than notepad and a browser to start.

You can also make some pretty fantastic BB10 apps using HTML. Webworks and BBUI allow you to make apps that look and function almost identically to native cascades apps.

Here's my most recent app for example, all done in HTML and Javascript:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=CA
    Go get some apps!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    stolen :(

This is not the solution for the app world. I don't want side loaded apps. We must go native or blackberry will go down as duck every second they lose thinking about everything but Apps.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

I don't know....