CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Shiftwork app

Hello all, this is my first thread ever... I am hoping to see an app developer make an app for shift workers. I am in emergency services and work on a five week rotating shift including dayshift, afternoon and nights. I am hoping that someone will make an app for shift workers for the BB10. I know many coworkers that are with other OS's and live by their app for shift work to organize their lives. I have all the info to provide an app developer to make this app a shiftworkers dream,

daryl@blisterbomber.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

What kind of info would you need in the app? I think the BlackBerry10 Calendar would work pretty good, unless you need more then just the scheduling.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by big bb View Post
    What kind of info would you need in the app? I think the BlackBerry10 Calendar would work pretty good, unless you need more then just the scheduling.
    I've seen apps that breakdown the calendar with a "D" for days. Its colour coded. You can screen shot the image. This is very handy to look at a month in view and see exactly what you are working. Working in emergency services with several nights in a row can get confusing. Other competitors to BlackBerry have clean, clear easy to use shiftwork apps. Here's hoping that someone creates a polished app for shiftworkers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Adams View Post
    I've seen apps that breakdown the calendar with a "D" for days. Its colour coded. You can screen shot the image. This is very handy to look at a month in view and see exactly what you are working. Working in emergency services with several nights in a row can get confusing. Other competitors to BlackBerry have clean, clear easy to use shiftwork apps. Here's hoping that someone creates a polished app for shiftworkers.
    Do you know any of the names of the apps on the other platforms. So I could take a look to see examples of what you are looking for (I have never been a shiftworker).
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

I was just playing with the calendar here are some screen shots of the calendar.

Sorry extra image was attached (shows skype in the contacts app), and it will not let me remove it :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shiftwork app-img_00000247.jpg   Shiftwork app-img_00000249.jpg   Shiftwork app-img_00000248.jpg   Shiftwork app-img_00000250.jpg   Shiftwork app-img_00000251.jpg  

We're takin' it Back!
    Thanked by:
    adamssuds (12-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Hey BigBB you are super quick. My email is daryl@blisterbomber.com. I will attach the photos of a very basic program that I have been using. It will make more sense to you when you see the images I'm talking about.

Thank you for the calendar shots. I do use this but what I've seen far outweighs a calendar.

Daryl
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Sounds good. Do you want to sent the images to my or post them here?
    We're takin' it Back!