I am seeking to have a rather simple application built. The application will have a few drop down menus allowing the user to specify certain information. Then a search will be performed. It will query the database on the Blackberry and return the appropriate information to the user. The database is static. Occasionally, an update will need to be sent out to update the database. Needs to work on all Blackberries. Needs to have icon developed and a TOS upon installation.
    12-26-08 03:28 PM
    I am seeking to have a rather simple application built. The application will have a few drop down menus allowing the user to specify certain information. Then a search will be performed. It will query the database on the Blackberry and return the appropriate information to the user. The database is static. Occasionally, an update will need to be sent out to update the database. Needs to work on all Blackberries. Needs to have icon developed and a TOS upon installation.
    Hi, You've got a couple options here.

1. Use our Database Platform inForm - available at skysoftsystems.com. Basically, you use a form designer to build your application. Once built, you submit the forms (.mff) file to us, and we give you an installable file that you can redistribute to your customers. You would have your own Icon, own forms etc. This is a cost effective approach and saves you on any development cost.

2. Use a Freelancer - We work with quite afew freelancers. Basically you can post your requirements to a site like odesk.com and ask for a fixed cost quote. The site also lets you track progress. It's pretty low risk because the providers come highly qualified and you can interview them remotely before they start. I highly recommend this service.

Best of Luck!
    01-08-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD