Looking for a bid to make a GnuPG/OpenPGP encryption/decryption app for the Blackberry email client. I don't need it to make key pairs, just need to be able to import keys (via a public keyserver would be nice) and encrypt/decrypt/sign emails. It is my understanding the encryption libraries are freely available.

Thanks
    bbschorsch likes this.
    03-14-13 05:27 PM
    Bump. I'm still interested in financing development of native BB10 app.

Apparently, GnuPGP has all the encrypt/decrypt/key handling code free for download. Need someone who can just make mail program interact with said code.
    06-22-13 08:11 PM
    I think the problem I see is the email API's where they are at, cant parse your emails.

So the only solution would be to do a manual copy and paste. I know scrid2000 on here has text encryption apps and would be the best person for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:56 PM
    I actually just completed an app that encrypts/decrypts text using AES 256 bit encoding lol
    06-23-13 03:13 PM
    If u have, how soon before it's BlackBerry world appearance? :-)

I just founf out BlackBerry still won't support pptp, l2tp and openvpn - which sucks!

Would love a look at this app

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    06-23-13 03:54 PM
    If u have, how soon before it's BlackBerry world appearance? :-)

I just founf out BlackBerry still won't support pptp, l2tp and openvpn - which sucks!

Would love a look at this app

Hopefully will be available soon, I decided to submit it to an update (although it's a complete rewrite lol) of an older app I submitted for a portathon, https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/19996258. So it should hopefully be available in a few days.
    Here's some screenshots: (note that the email one is the Hub, not the app itself).

Request for Bid - GnuPG/OpenPGP Email Encryption App-img_00000343.jpgRequest for Bid - GnuPG/OpenPGP Email Encryption App-img_00000344.jpgRequest for Bid - GnuPG/OpenPGP Email Encryption App-img_00000345.jpgRequest for Bid - GnuPG/OpenPGP Email Encryption App-img_00000346.jpgRequest for Bid - GnuPG/OpenPGP Email Encryption App-img_00000347.jpg
    06-23-13 04:26 PM
    Superb - will look out for this!

I use an open vpn service at homw and BlackBerry are still not compatible4o this is a decent measure!

Cheers!

06-24-13 06:27 AM
    But are you making a public key app?
    06-24-13 10:31 AM
    06-24-13 02:22 PM
    But are you making a public key app?
    Importing public keys en masse is not supported; you have to manually import each key in plain text. Hope that answers your question.
    06-24-13 02:23 PM
    Importing public keys en masse is not supported; you have to manually import each key in plain text. Hope that answers your question.
    It sort of answers it, as it appears you aren't making a public key app.

So we are on the same page, you made a symmetric key app that depends on a previous exchange of keys in order to work. It doesn't use public/private key pairs.

The point of this thread was to obtain a public key encryption program like PGP or the freeware GnuPGP or the Android app APG.
    06-24-13 07:00 PM
    Hi there,
    we are just about to start implementing a BB10 (native) App which will support full GPG mail encryption and signing - which implicitly means that it will support asymmetric encryption with private/public key pair. It will, that is my plan, integrate itself to the hub by using notifications.
    There will be a server side support as well, which will let you lay back in terms of privacy - we will run a mail server, that will store all messages encrypted with your key, and we won't be able to decrypt it on our side, nor will be any other person (or institution). We will - on top of that - offer a service that will make the email header section useless for any kind of systematic tracking. Does this sound interesting to you or someone else?
    Stay tuned and I will come back with more information...
    08-10-13 10:12 AM
    Sounds like Lavabit, hopefully you fare better than they did.
    08-10-13 10:25 AM
    Lavabit is closed down, but I think they did an important job. They did not offer all of the services I mentioned, did they? But they ended up with a problem with US governmental authorities - we are quite sure that we will not.
    08-12-13 08:28 AM
    Hello
    I invite you to check my new application which implements PGP for BlackBerry10.
    PGpgp - BlackBerry World
    More details here:
    PGpgp |pawelgorny.com|
    I hope you find it useful. In case of any questions/remarks, please send me an email or PM.
    02-03-14 04:08 AM
    I have found a plugin for Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 that encrypts your email traffic.
    This plugin is based on OpenPGP and is very easy to install and use. You can find more
    informations here: http://www.giepa.de/produkte/gpg4o/
    03-11-14 04:45 AM