Hi, I am submitting for B4B and was told I need privacy policy. I assume they want me to add a button link to a Url with my policy? Also to add same URL to vendor portal page.

Anyone have a "stock" privacy policy to use? My app is a converter, calculator. Example of my old one (which was approved under old guidelines) is Memory Calculator.

Please, any help appreciated!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-13-13 08:18 AM
    The other question is do I need a URL link in my app or can I just include the text directly in my about menu page? I don't necessarily want a Web site.

Any apps with privacy policy that can be used as a template? My app collects no info, just has links to wikipedia pages, invokes email to contact Dev, invokes share to let others know about the app.
    09-13-13 08:44 AM
    I have a basic .html file hosted on my public folder on drop box:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...acyPolicy.html

I used a generic one I found online because I don't collect user data or anything like that. Sure you can use the same, just change my vendor name (which happens to be my actual name). I only have that link in my vendor account and that was enough for BFB.

-Brian
    EdY, jeroen_13, Akuji_ism and 1 others like this.
    09-13-13 01:51 PM
    Thanks! Do I have to add a button link in my app as well? Or is that enough to be just specified in the vendor account? Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-13-13 04:00 PM
    Ok... I added the privacy policy and it now appears in Appworld in the right menu "view privacy policy" for all my apps. This opens up the URL which I specified in my vendor account settings. In the future I will add the link also directly to the app as I update it. Hope this is enough for now.
    09-13-13 06:34 PM
    Ok... I added the privacy policy and it now appears in Appworld in the right menu "view privacy policy" for all my apps. This opens up the URL which I specified in my vendor account settings. In the future I will add the link also directly to the app as I update it. Hope this is enough for now.
    That's all I have I have. (No links in my apps)

-Brian
    09-14-13 10:27 AM
    hii,, i have the same problem too..

then i do the following steps..
    1. login to vendor portal..
    2. go to "Manage Account Details"
    3. At the "Vendor Info" tabs,, i change the "Privacy Policy URL" to my privacy policy URL..
    4. i save it..

is that the right steps?
    because there is still no "view privacy policy" menu when i open my apps page via appsworld..
    or i have to wait for several hours?
    09-18-13 12:46 AM
    I would imagine it takes a few hours to refresh. BlackBerry may even review your policy.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:35 PM