Hi,

When I attempt to install Plazmic CDK 4.2.2, the install fails because it does not see JDE 4.2.0. Thing is that I have JDE 4.3.0 installed.

Do I have to locate the older version of the JDE??

Patrick
    03-20-08 12:51 AM
    I ran into the same problem. Try getting an older version of JDE here: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Program | BlackBerry Java Development Environment Downloads
    03-20-08 01:03 AM
    Thanks, I figured out how to install it over the more recent JDE.

What a pain!

Patrick
    03-21-08 08:10 AM
    Ya Blackberry JDE needs a major overhaul. The GUI is out of date. The whole thing is crap. That is why i think in a few years if not less you will not see any major changes to the JDE. Which is why you see more and more plugins for thrid party IDEs. Next i expect to see a netbeans plugin.

Beyond that, to fix your problem for feature setups. You need to install the JDK 1.4 first and then install the JDK 5.0 or is it 6.0 now. Which ever.
    03-22-08 12:45 PM
    Actually, you don't need to install 1.4 at all, just update your system path and you will be fine.

Also, you can use NetBeans now, but you will still need to do a final compile with the BB IDE I think.

Patrick
    03-22-08 02:42 PM
    ahh did not know about the 1.4 thing. But ya you have always been able to use netbeans but there was never a plugin for it. So all the little special specification and options that were not inputed through code could not be used. For example with the new eclipse plugin you can do everything within eclipse. and throw the crappy BB JDE out the window
    03-22-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD