https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

Enter your PIN and your device will have 24 hours to accept the update.

There is downgrade instructions if you want to go back to 1.07.
    Last edited by xsacha; 10-18-11 at 11:58 AM.
    10-18-11 11:54 AM
    "This version of OS 2.0 does not contain end user features such as: email, calendar contacts, video store, etc"

10-18-11 11:59 AM
    Neither does 1.07? So...
    10-18-11 12:15 PM
    Ok... So has anyone tried this? Are you able to still use old apps (i.e. NOVA 2, DeadSpace, etc) AND now have the Android Player?
    10-18-11 12:16 PM
    I've signed up but it states it can take an hour for the download to appear.
    10-18-11 12:22 PM
    Still no email! What the **** is going on?
    10-18-11 12:24 PM
    Still no email! What the **** is going on?
    You don't need to receive an email. Your PlayBook will be provisioned for the upgrade within the hour.
    10-18-11 12:26 PM
    Make sure to enter your info until you see the "thank you" message, it took 5 tries for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 12:27 PM
    Can I run Native SDK 1.0.7 applications while using Tablet OS 2.0?
    It is not possible to deploy applications that are created with version 1.0.7 of the native SDK on tablets with BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0. But we’re excited to announce that a beta release of the native SDK 2.0, which supports BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0, will be available soon. Until then, please use the simulator or a tablet with BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.0.7 to test your applications.
    eanjr1964 and jeffcrn like this.
    10-18-11 12:28 PM
    i registered my pin and am awaiting activation. will post when it hits.
    10-18-11 12:28 PM
    You don't need to receive an email. Your PlayBook will be provisioned for the upgrade within the hour.
    No, I meant no email app!
    10-18-11 12:29 PM
    Wow! Feels just like installing the Android app!

10-18-11 12:30 PM
    No, I meant no email app!
    It is a developer preview. RIM has removed consumer apps to discourage consumers from installing it.
    10-18-11 12:32 PM
    I imagine this will only be for tablets at DevCon, those that the developers will be using. Then again, I hope I'm wrong, I've signed up for 2.0 (but, as was said, no end-user apps). I'd just like to see the new UI and experience, then will likely downgrade.

What a sad keynote, it just goes to show you that RIM's management has no clue what they're doing from a business and marketing perspective. So much opportunity for positive PR and to get people really excited, and they blew it. They even said they'd be showing QNX phones (and maybe they will be later) but if you're not going to do it during the keynote, you've lost so much momentum. Time for new management please.
    10-18-11 12:32 PM
    The "Keynote" is actually this morning and the next session coming up, time yet.
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-18-11 12:33 PM
    common common common, cant wait
    10-18-11 12:35 PM
    Wasn't going to do it, but I'll give it a whirl.
    10-18-11 12:35 PM
    why didnt they include end-user features?
    10-18-11 12:36 PM
    I imagine this will only be for tablets at DevCon, those that the developers will be using. Then again, I hope I'm wrong, I've signed up for 2.0 (but, as was said, no end-user apps). I'd just like to see the new UI and experience, then will likely downgrade.

What a sad keynote, it just goes to show you that RIM's management has no clue what they're doing from a business and marketing perspective. So much opportunity for positive PR and to get people really excited, and they blew it. They even said they'd be showing QNX phones (and maybe they will be later) but if you're not going to do it during the keynote, you've lost so much momentum. Time for new management please.
    There's a second half where they are hopefully showing off 2.0. It's called a technical demo and yeah that's mostly what I care about anyways
    The "Keynote" is actually this morning and the next session coming up, time yet.
    "Announced at DevCon" might literally mean it can be announced in 2 days, you wouldn't WANT to announce something later because fewer people are paying attention.

It's the same with "keynote" that might LITERALLY be two sessions, but fewer people are paying attention to the "technical" discussion in part 2. They missed a golden opportunity. I bet they figured "oh we'll give people stuff to talk about by letting them see some icons, it's a teaser" but we've already seen those icons, we know things are coming. You just lost the media, which means you lost a driving sales force, especially with the Kindle Fire quickly approaching and tomorrow's Google event. The marketing team, who probably didn't have any say to begin with, needs to really take control of these things.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    this is proof that the real 2.0 will NOT be out anytime soon. if not why the need to release a beta?
    Even if it was a week before launch, that gives devs a week to debug against OS2 PRIOR to release, then submit to appworld. The lead time matters for devs, even if it's not that long.

Also it's for testing against the NDK v2, not just having the newer OS version.
    10-18-11 12:45 PM
    Sure the devs are important but they just keep delaying the release for this 2.0 v and its starting to tick me off personally If they would just release it and then add any small additions later that would be way better than the approach they are taking now
    10-18-11 12:47 PM
    I think we are forgetting that this is a Dev show, and its exactly what Apple did with iOS 5 it was announced months ago and only released last week.
    10-18-11 12:49 PM
    I love how that link isn't working for me. FML.

10-18-11 12:49 PM
    this is proof that the real 2.0 will NOT be out anytime soon. if not why the need to release a beta?
    Because app devs need an opportunity to test their apps, fix any problems and submit to App World. The same happened when we went from AIR 2.5 to AIR 2.7.
    10-18-11 12:51 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD