I have a question...

I use an app which is an android port from BlackBerry World, the company hasn't yet built a native app and as far as I know there are currently no plans to develop one which is a shame.

There is a security feature (Multifactor authentication) which uses NFC and a Yubikey Neo as an additional step in the login process.

Currently android apps can't use the NFC on the BB10 device as there is no support for NFC within the current GB 2.3.3 android runtime, right?... but will this change when the android runtime is fully updated to JB 4.2.2?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dealz417; 07-11-13 at 02:15 PM.
    07-11-13 08:08 AM
    This is a good question. As far as I can see from the road map ( Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer ), it doesn't appear to be a item that's being added to API support yet.

Just found a better link

http://developer.blackberry.com/andr..._features.html
    Dealz417 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:39 AM
    Hello Kris,

Thanks for the reply and the links you posted although i did come across the 1st link before via a Google search but it didn't confirm NFC support was coming, however i did find these statments...

We are working to upgrade the Android Runtime from Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. The goal is to support all current features and APIs available on the Android runtime today and evaluate new features and APIs for inclusion, such as fragments, embedded fragments and the animation framework.
    The BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps supports Android 4.2.2 (BlackBerry 10.2 Beta) and 2.3.3 applications. API support information for Android 4.2.2 will be available soon.

The following sections outline Android 2.3.3 features that are not supported by the BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps as well as those which are supported.
    Neither 100% confirms NFC support once the runtime is fully updated to JB 4.2.2, but the 1st one does look to suggest that it's likely? and we'll know soon what will be supported judging by the 2nd statement.
    07-11-13 02:46 PM