So I just got my Berry, and I am trying to write code for it I am in the VERY beginning. I just got a HelloWorld type program to run but I did so by hooking my Berry up via USB and then running the following command.

javaloader -usb load HelloWorld.cod

I know that the berry cannot open .cod...

I want to be able to email the program to my phone and install it like that can anyone help me?
    02-28-09 04:32 PM
    Hi

Point the URL to your jad file, i.e, HelloWorld.jad, you 'll find it under the same folder where the *.cod file is generated.
    03-02-09 04:34 AM
    I tried emailing the jad to myself and I get a download failed error and when I click details it says .cod needed or something like that.
    03-02-09 08:36 AM
    I think in order to do an OTA install you need the JAD and the COD files hosted on a web server. You then have to configure the web server to handle the files correctly to allow the install. With Apache you have to add an .htaccess file. I don't think its possible to just email yourself the JAD and COD files but if this is possible I would sure like to know.

-Zav
    03-02-09 02:08 PM
    Hi

Zav is correct. You have to point it to the URL, you need to host the JAD & COD files in a web server, then in the *.htaccess file
    you have to specify the MIME types. ADD the following lines to the *.htaccess file.
    Add type jad text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
    Add type cod application/vnd.rim.cod
    03-02-09 09:34 PM
    I actually did just find a way to do OTA installs over email. You just send yourself the JAD and COD files as an attachment and save them to the same folder. You can then just open the JAD file and it will start the install. Beats having to set up a web server to get yourself apps.

-Zav
    03-03-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD