Hey Shao, thanks for the link. Maybe you can help me with some problems I'm having with the installations. Very frustrating so far. Here's how it went:
1. Went to the website and chose HTML5 option
2. Not sure how to proceed but I assume we select left to right in that order on the next screen. Selected Tools for HTML5 and Webworks
3. Then we get another screen with three options. I select the first, Test with Ripple. This is where it starts getting more confusing.
4. The next screen has some text with a link to download the WebWorks SDK. It also has a large button to download the Ripple Emulator. I opted to go with the SDK since nowhere is it indicated what you should download.
5. DL'ed and tried to install the WebWorks SDK but now it says I need Adobe AIR first. (Why it doesn't tell you this before you downlaod the SDK, I don't know)
6. DL and installed AIR 3.2 but the SDK installation says its not the right version. I check the folder where AIR is installed and the lower-most folder says version 1 even though my control panel says its 3.2. I'm stumped...don't know what else to do. Didn't bother with Ripple.
Next, I figure I'd install the PlayBook simulator. All installed but there's no executable files, just a bunch of files with various extensions.
All in all, the whole process seems very complex just installing the needed software, assuming you know what to install. I can certainly understand now why developers are reluctant to write PlayBook apps. I read you also have to request code signing keys. I used to write apps for my phone and it was far easier than this.
Thanks for any brief guidance you can give me.