I understand MDS studio is for corporations to rapidly build mobile access to their corporate data via webservices/db connection. I was curious there hasn't been an update since 2007 and although this forum is active what are RIM's intention for the product going forward? I have read somewhere about new apis etc. Though there was nothing in depth about this. Is there a roadmap for this anywhere? When are the next version's likely to be?

Thanks

David
    06-05-08 10:22 PM
    RIM showed some of the new features at WES this year.

- JavaScript Debugging
    - GPS
    - More integration with on device apps
    - Project is no longer in a single file

They talked about being available publicly for Beta "soon" with this new functionality

Oh yeah.. RIM also talked about it being an actual Eclipse plugin to your existing Eclipse environment
    Last edited by brcewane; 06-06-08 at 06:07 AM.
    06-06-08 06:04 AM
    Ok that sounds cool. When it says no longer a single file. I understand there is an xml file that has the entire app. Does this mean .js files, messages etc are all going to be single files? Also being part of the eclipse environment? MDS studio is built on eclipse does this mean it'll be moved to a plugin. Will it be able to be integrated with the JDE components?
    06-08-08 08:51 PM
    From the demonstrations at WES, they did show that there are different files for each of the screens, .js files etc. so that they can be better used with source control.

And yes they showed it as an Eclipse plugin that could be installed side by side with the JDE eclipse plugin.
    06-09-08 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD