New developer here. I have been working on an app (part-time, as a hobby, when I get time) for the Playbook for a little bit now using C++ and Qt and have liked the platform so far. I am pleasantly surprised with the amount of libraries they have managed to port such as Boost. Makes it very easy to get started with things.

I am surprised at the amount of flak RIM gets from developers who have never tried the Playbook, but I do hope the platform survives. I think they have a good thing going on here, provided they mature it a bit further

One thing that I would like to see them do, is to introduce APIs from C/C++ side for things like contacts and calendar. I dont think they are available?
    04-06-12 09:04 PM
    No, the APIs aren't complete yet, but it's safe to say we'll hear word on that from the next BlackBerry World conference next month.
    04-06-12 09:18 PM
    The coding for developing on the playbook is still very early. I'd say give it another 6 months and much more of the platform will be accessible for developers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 09:26 PM
    The coding for developing on the playbook is still very early. I'd say give it another 6 months and much more of the platform will be accessible for developers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    have you tried yet? Its pretty complete?
    04-07-12 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD