Hey, So basically I am a web developer and I am looking to make my website in to a application for Blackberry smart phones and Playbooks..

Does anyone know what SDK I should download?
    I've seen a few video's where basically Crackberry had their site converted ( Icon witch loads directly to the website when clicked) via webworks? Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this? I've googled it and can not find anything helpful!

Thank-You in advance
    -BrownSupra
    09-09-12 07:12 PM
    11 topics down from the one you just started:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-dev...nk-app-742277/

Search is your friend.
    BrownSupra likes this.
    09-09-12 08:39 PM
    This still does not really help...
    But thanks...
    09-12-12 12:14 PM
    Go to the BlackBerry Developers web portal. The Webworks SDK is there, along with tutorials.
    09-12-12 03:13 PM
    Here is the SDK that you want WebWorks

I am assuming that you just want the app to go to your website instead of being on the device. configuration documents. Take a look at the content element of the config.xml

I don't want to give you more. So that you will be able to retain the information better then if someone tells you how.
    09-20-12 08:24 AM
    Use Webworks SDK, either for Playbook or for phone. You also have Webworks for BB10 option as well.

You have a few options regarding app coding:

1. convert your site directly to run stand-alone on Playbook (no internet needed) or make an "app" that is really a self-contained website but can't really tell

2. create an RSS type of app which pulls info from the web (you could use the Blackberry App Generator for that)

3. combination of 1 and 2

I have stuck mainly to type 1 with these apps I made (playbook):

- smoking calculator
    - talking alarm text clock pro/demo

And used the generator for this (playbook and phone):

- raspberry pi

Once your app is made and tested on chrome or Ripple, you need to set up your XML files, get all your signing keys, debug and if all good your do a final compile and submit the BAR to appworld with all your other stuff (screenshots, descriptions, etc). Then in 2 days it is approved!!!

Webworks is awesome!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-30-12 06:22 PM
    If you can send me all the source files for your website I can package it for you and send it back to you as a PlayBook app. Actually converting/signing only takes a matter of minutes.
    09-30-12 09:06 PM
    If you can send me all the source files for your website I can package it for you and send it back to you as a PlayBook app. Actually converting/signing only takes a matter of minutes.
    Unless you encounter random setup problems which can take hours =P. There's a couple of things that can really trip you up...
    10-03-12 02:29 PM
    Unless you encounter random setup problems which can take hours =P. There's a couple of things that can really trip you up...
    True, but if it works in the browser it should work in a webworks app. They use the same rendering agent.
    10-03-12 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD