As far as programing goes I am still a relative novice still. I have only experienced a few developer environments. I would love to get started in the Blackberry development world and got the SDK and Simulator up and running and have started to play around a little.

My question is, Is there an Intro type video going through the features of the SDK and maybe some simple examples?

I can keep exploring but I feel as though I am learning at a snails pace, and Videos help me a lot. Thanks
    09-30-12 08:13 PM
    Which SDK are you using?
    09-30-12 09:00 PM
    Which SDK are you using?
    The BB10 Native SDK.
    09-30-12 09:06 PM
    Give Marmalade SDK a try too. They will also ship you a free playbook with their offer here:

http://www.madewithmarmalade.com/blackberry

I just signed up for it and starting on an app... Never worked in C++ on Blackberry before, only Webworks. My C knowledge is from 20 years ago but still useful.

A bit of a rough start but I am starting to use bits and pieces of the demos and may actually put together something useful to submit to app world (so I can keep the free playbook). :-)

Good news, Marmalade apps can be easily ported to iOS and android too because the SDK is designed to compile to all platforms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    10-01-12 12:59 AM
    My question is, Is there an Intro type video going through the features of the SDK and maybe some simple examples?
    Have you taken a look at the samples on the developer site Cascades sample apps/
    Yas2202 likes this.
    10-05-12 08:04 AM
    The BB10 Native SDK.
    Kind of a vague answer as the BB10 Native SDK has two "flavors" one with QML (Cascades) and one without... If you are using the one with Cascades here's a simple video example of showing how to make a basic UI without much coding: Cascades IDE tutorial using almost NO CODING. ...

This could help you get your feet wet so to speak.
    10-05-12 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD