It is an idea, which may help developers to find the "best market conditions" for their app. Originally I wanted to send this letter to somebody, who is close to BlackBerry, but I have failed, I could not find anybody, so firsty I wanted to post it here, for you developers, because obviously you are in the centre of this idea. So I really need your oppinion, that I will se if this can work, or not:

So we all know Kick Starter, where people or organisations can raise money for their produck by community if they do not have capital. And we also know, that it is quite succesfull. Therefore why BlackBerry could not do the same with Apps in BlackBerry World? Probably there are developers, who have great ideas, but they do not know, if their app would be succesfull; obviously they want money from their app, but they do not want to risk if only a few person buy their app, and they just wasted their time. Moreover there are developers, who have succesfull apps on other platforms, but they also nut sure if it worth to develope their app in native for BB10, will they have enough costumers? End here is, where this idea could be useful.

So lets say, there would be an extra menu in BlackBerry World, where developers could introduce their app idea. Here you could see the app, what functios does the developer promise, would it be a qualificated Built for BlacBerry app, how much time the developer need, to make the app (when would be the deadline of the app reliese) and the most important part, how much money does the developer need, to make his app (for example $1000, $5000 etc). Obviously BlackBerry could benefit from this, lets say 10 or 30% goes to BlackBerry like when you buy an app. So people could offer money (like $1, $2, $5, 10$ or more) and BlackBerry would keep that money untill the application is done. After BlackBerry checked the app, and if everything is ok, BlackBerry pays the developer from the raised money, and the people who offered the money would get the app instantly. If the developer could not finish his app in time, or it has a lot of bugs, or some of the promised functions are not working, the people, who offered money, would get it back (not on a bank account, but on a virtual BlackBerry account therefore they can use that money later on to buy apps, music in World). After all, I think, that application should be free, unless the developer provide further upgrades and support, in that case the app could be $1 or $2, but it should not be higher, but this is something what BlackBerry and the developers should decide together.

So that was my idea, I do not know, where to send it (in BlackBerry), or what to do with it, that is why I posted it here. If you think, it is a good idea or revolutionary, than be as loud as possible, than BlackBerry will may hear us

So what do you think?
    Valery Kukatov likes this.
    03-17-14 06:26 PM
    Sounds interesting. How do other developers feel about this?
    03-17-14 11:11 PM
    Is it possible, like when there is a new BlackBerry concept, to an article would be written and posted on CrackBerry? Maybe it could get a bigger attention.

Btw, thank you for your support, now I feel I'm not alone with it

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 02:12 AM
    I'm pretty sure that lots of important people proactively scan the forums for ideas... both at BlackBerry HQ and CrackBerry management too :-) that is, they're not just here to participate, they are on the lookout for interesting ideas and analysis.
    03-18-14 12:45 PM
    I think it would be easier for developers to see which apps people are interested in and then they can tackle the ones that they think they can do.

The idea that the developer wouldn't get the money if the app didn't meet expectations is basically what the app world is now. If an app isn't what people want or isn't very good, then the developer can't sell it.
    03-25-14 02:16 PM
    I kicked around a related idea to build up a kickstarter.

The issue for me is this... blackberry doesn't allow us to break down costs for different users or do prepurchases.

What that means is the money could only be used as a donation, with little to no in game value. Maybe you could incorporate inapp items as purchases however it gets very complex and only makes any difference in some games.

I can tell you this though. If I could find a way to match my real life job income as a blackberry developer - I would do this full time and build anyone whatever is interesting. But getting that goal is very difficult.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-27-14 07:17 PM
    I'm pretty sure that lots of important people proactively scan the forums for ideas... both at BlackBerry HQ and CrackBerry management too :-) that is, they're not just here to participate, they are on the lookout for interesting ideas and analysis.
    Actually. I ran a contest on here somewhere... to try and generate ideas for everyone. And paid them out using app sales

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...stions-684596/

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-27-14 07:21 PM
    Interesting. Doubt BlackBerry will go with this, but it does sound a bit like Green Light on Steam with a mixture of Kickstarter. Even if this doesn't happen, keep those ideas coming. Work that brain.
    04-04-14 02:59 PM
    This does sound like a really great idea and I would really like to see it but I'm not sure if BlackBerry would feel the same way as us

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:30 PM