hello,
    i want to make apps but i don't know where to start.... the app should be user friendly and better than anything that i have done for the PC.... first i want to create a voice changing, call blocking, number changing app, just to see if i can do it . just for fun... then i want to start on the real deal, a file manager that is easy to use, not just an app deleter. a file manager that you will be able to move your songs, pics, media, and videos around with . i know that there are similar apps out there but i want to make them better. i went to school for programing and it seems easy but when you think about it where do you start??? i have ideas that would fill about 90 city blocks on how to improve some apps but i need some starting point. please help
    12-15-09 09:06 AM
    Did u went to school for programming with java? That's the tecnology used, jme I think its the name for the java mobile environment not sure tho, other than that use google.
    12-15-09 01:26 PM
    Heh it's good that you have lots of ideas. I know how to write Java but I find very often that I have no idea what I should code lol.

I'll tell you right now, the file manager will be easier to write than a voice changer. In fact a file manager is a great idea, since most of the current ones are too expensive or aren't very good.

You say you went to school for programming; as lamagiapc mentioned you'll need to know Java to make BlackBerry apps. Even if you don't know Java if you've written code before in C# or any other similar object-oriented language Java will be a snap to learn (and you'll probably like it more ;D).

If you want to start, check out the BlackBerry.com Java Development forums. There's TONS of information there and the forum is a lot more active than CrackBerry's developer forum. There's a lot of stuff you need to install first before you can start writing BlackBerry apps so the threads on that forum will be very useful in beginning.
    12-19-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD