CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How would you contact an app developer who has a dead app?

I want to try and contact an app developer but the website listed in thier app store link is fake. They have a Facebook page but they haven't posted on in it for 2 years! Is there a way I can contact them through apple or track down more info from Facebook? I want to try to encourage them to start working on their app again.

FYI its called Fantasy Ocean
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Is it an Apple developer or a BlackBerry developer? You posted under the "BlackBerry Professionals" forum.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts

Default How would you contact an app developer who has a dead app?

If the links are dead, this developer has moved on... pointless even if you did contact them, they would never update or fix anything.

Realize that many developers are involved in many projects, some freelance, some as a hobby but have a regular steady-pay day job (which may not even be computer related). The app could have been made in a moment of caffeine-induced inspiration at 3am and never again looked at.

If the app works ok, use and enjoy but chances are the developer would not bother making an effort to improve anything because it is not worth their while. Even if they could somehow find the code up in the attic and even bother remembering how it worked, remembering all the steps to compile and debug on the latest OS, and so on... all the way to submitting a revision to Appworld (with the proper filebundle name which has to match)... takes a bit of effort.

I have had to update my apps which I had not touched for months and it took me a few good hours just to get refamiliarized with it, before I even made any changes at all! Nevermind the hassle of going through all the debugging, making sure my Playbook was on the latest OS to test on, etc.

So if the email or facebook of the developer does not work, they made a conscious decision to drop support.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app

Global Posts
    10,383 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

If you bought it via BlackBerry World, contact appworldbilling@rim.com