Hi everyone,

I am in need of some help concerning the connection between a Bluesmirf Gold and a Blackberry Storm phone. I am trying to test the connection using the Bluetooth sample code through BB's developement section. It is sort of like a hyperterminal program and I am trying to get communicate from my PC to the BB, and vice versa. I have Lynxterm on my PC and can connect through the built in BT with the BB and use both programs to communicate fine. I am able to pair with the Bluesmirf, but the only way that I found that I can get it to connect is to set the Bluesmirf in Master Mode with the MAC of the BB as the address it looks for. It connects, but I still am not able to communicate through the BT sample program.

One thing I do notice in the BB program when I connect to the PC is that when they connect the DTR goes true for a sec then false. I did not see this happen at all with the Bluesmirf. I tried setting the Bluesmirf in DTR mode, but again it wouldn't even connect weather I listened or searched for the Bluesmirf, and it just sits in my paired devices list.

I am unsure if it is an issue with the bluetooth device and service CoDs and those being set up incorrectly. The overall purpose of this project is to take an electrocardiograph aquistion device and transmit it to my Storm using Bluetooth and displaying it on an app that we have designed.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!
    01-23-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD