i would like to market my app through handango but i'm confused about this clause in the agreement...

Software Owner shall, at all times during the term of this Agreement, maintain insurance coverage sufficient (as determined by Publisher in its sole discretion) to defend Publisher and/or its Sub-Licensees against any and all suits, claims, losses, damages and/or judgements
    arising from any claim that the Software infringes any patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any third party. Upon Publisher's request, Software Owner shall immediately provide Publisher with an insurance certificate evidencing that such insurance coverage is in force and naming Publisher and/or its Sub-Licensee(s) as additional insured(s) thereunder

does anyone know the best way to take care of this? is there a broker that is usually used? what would be the cost?

handango's response to my email:
    "We do not have set costs. You need to ensure you have insurance which covers errors/omissions and IP coverage. You would need to go to a broker to determine what the insurance would cost you."
    07-13-10 07:31 PM
    i would like to market my app through handango but i'm confused about this clause in the agreement...
    Just an advise - don't work with Handango. About an year ago I was stupid enough to not listen to the wise people, telling me that it is a waste of time and nerves... well, I tried by myself.. it was painful experience.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f9/why-handango-sucks-buttermilk-through-straw-301870/

Killer Mobile Software - Adios Handango! No More Killer Mobile Apps for You!

An Experiment in BlackBerry Development: Lessons Learned Writing PodTrapper | VersatileMonkey.com
    07-19-10 05:45 AM
    Hm. I would question the validity of the clause. IANAL... but it seems to me that Handango *can't* be held liable for content in the same way that a bulletin board operating can't be held liable for post content in most cases

. Worst case they can get hit with a DMCA takedown, which they would the comply with .
    07-28-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD