Hi all

Just throwing this out there, in case anyone can shed some light on a very general method for achieving the app. Then I can know where to start in actually learning how to do it, having not programmed since... a long time back!

It shouldn't be too insanely hard. I want an app which has an mp3 bundled into it and, when run, just shows a screen with a 'Check Location' button. Then, when you hit it, it checks your gps and, if you meet certain criteria, plays the mp3.

Ideally, I want it to be as generalised as possible - in terms of, say, it'll play the mp3 if you're within 100metres of a train station. See what I mean? But I can only imagine that, to do that, I'd have to use an API from Yell, FourSquared, or somewhere that has information on buildings/places, as opposed to just raw GPS data.

The more I type about it, the harder it sounds. If anyone can guide me in the right direction (even just like 'Learn about this, you'll prob use foursquared api, etc etc), that's great - if not, anyone got an idea as to how much someone'll charge me?
    08-26-10 11:36 AM
    OK, I'll try ...

First up, this is NOT an Audio Player, that is just a minor effect. It would be more appropriate to think of this / refer to this as a Location Based App.

Next, you are correct in that you need to determine where you can obtain the location information. That would determine just how difficult this would be.

Lastly, you will never get a good answer to any of your questions (especially how much you'll be charged) unless you tighten up your specs. Once you can answer clearly what you want it becomes easier to get help.
    08-30-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD