Helo guys and gals
    Just finished my beta for my WebWorks App "Thumbs Madness".
    It's a WW/bbui.js game, testing (an improving) your coordination and agility.

Very excited, running a very first round of beta tests, so if you'd like to beta ... then you can PM me, it'll be very nice !
    Attached Thumbnails First App !-img_00000017.jpg  
    02-12-13 12:50 PM
    Good start. Keep it up.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-18-13 05:21 AM
    I'm in

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-22-13 08:23 PM
    It's available in BlackBerry World
    Your returns very, very welcome ...
    BlackBerry World - Thumbs Madness Free

You can install it directly on your Z10/DevAlpha with the tag bellow
    First App !-thumbsmadnessfreetag.png
    02-27-13 04:54 AM
    Very fun. Kudos

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 06:16 PM
    Having issues with 10.1 rollouts. Have to update BBUI version.
    App is removed from storefront for now, will be back ASAP.

Sorry for those currently having issues; stay tuned !
    KermEd likes this.
    05-18-13 03:19 AM
    I can't go past the welcome screen on my Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720

Posted via Z10
    05-27-13 02:20 AM
    I can't go past the welcome screen on my Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720
    Posted via Z10
    Thanks for the feedback. There was in did issues under 10.1 that are - hopefully - corrected with some minor enhancements too.

I'm pleased to announce that we're back online in the BlackBerry World : BlackBerry World - Thumbs Madness Free
    Attached Thumbnails First App !-thumbsmadnessfreetag.png  
    chrissy34 likes this.
    05-27-13 01:49 PM
    now it works!
    It's fun!!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-28-13 02:55 AM
    now it works!
    It's fun!!!
    Cool, hope you'll beat level 10 !
    Thanks for your patience.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:57 PM
    I don't know why, but now it doesn't work correctly : i place my thumbs in the spots, then nothing happens

Posted via Z10
    05-28-13 06:50 PM
    Cool game, very neat what can be done in "HTML" these days!

Need to get off my **** with a few app ideas I have now :-)

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-28-13 09:54 PM
    I don't know why, but now it doesn't work correctly : i place my thumbs in the spots, then nothing happens

Posted via Z10
    Are you with latest version ?
    Sorry you have such troubles.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:57 AM
    i am with 10.1.1710 and latest version 1.0.1.200
    sometimes is works, most of times, just doesn't do anything, i place the thumbs on the pads, the grid comes up, but no pattern to follow and no timer

I would update to the very latest latest bb10 version, but bb link it's a resource hog (it takes a whole cpu core + 1gb ram) and I am lazy to waste a day to backup/restore
    05-29-13 12:01 PM
    i am with 10.1.1710 and latest version 1.0.1.200
    sometimes is works, most of times, just doesn't do anything, i place the thumbs on the pads, the grid comes up, but no pattern to follow and no timer

I would update to the very latest latest bb10 version, but bb link it's a resource hog (it takes a whole cpu core + 1gb ram) and I am lazy to waste a day to backup/restore
    Sorry, I've not been able to reproduce your issue so far. I should get my LE back soon and the ability to test on several OS versions.
    Again, very sorry about that.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:07 PM
    I uninstalled, reinstalled, first run is ok, second run has the same problem.
    Now it never runs correctly

Later i'll try to record a video
    05-30-13 06:00 PM
    05-31-13 08:03 AM
    Dud, thank you so much. I'm tracking this and see what - can do ASAP.
    I really appreciate your help here. Sorry for all the stoled time...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:50 PM
    It's ok, no problem
    Ah, i forgot to say that there is no audio too
    Not sure if it's relevant, maybe in the low quality video you can't see, there is a spinner between the thumb pads

Posted via Z10
    06-01-13 02:18 AM
    It's ok, no problem
    Ah, i forgot to say that there is no audio too
    Not sure if it's relevant, maybe in the low quality video you can't see, there is a spinner between the thumb pads

Posted via Z10
    Yes, this is the issue. I've been fighting with HTML5 audio element to make it work for 10.1 .
    There's a problem with webkit here (I don't deny my code may be the problem though).
    In short, sounds with a length under 1 second are not handled properly and some of my events listeners aren't fired when they should (at the end of the sound).
    I'm on it... dammit... our first sunny day for ages and I'm in the bat cave...

Posted via CB10

EDITED : Some cleanup and JS objects removal later, I've made a new release. Testing right now and will upload in a few minutes/hours. Will update here. Did I say thanks, already ?
    UPDATE : new build submitted.

N.B for devs having similar issues, some tracks to lead (nothing formal here, just some dirty experience returns) :
    1. Mind the length of your sounds: under 1 sec is a real problem ("end" event not fired)
    2. Dealing with sound level ([mySound].volume) seems tricky and might lead you to headaches. Had to remove all my "fade out" routines. Sound level control is weird, especially if the user touches the volume buttons. (each object volume V.S media player volume : I have to further investigate on this).
    3. I found more consistency setting my sound "objects" in HTML (and then managing them with JS) than declaring them in JS. If using BBui.js, you might have to handle several behaviors in the 'ondomready' procedure.
    4. I suspect you have a limited slots available for JS sound objects (<= this is pure speculation)

Warning: I do not pretend these above are facts (i.e : can be my bad coding), just my personal headache.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-01-13 at 05:47 AM.
    06-01-13 02:36 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I find working with HTML5 sound on BB10 to be a royal pain in the behind. It was actually a fair bit better with the Playbook on 2.1... I'm not sure what they changed, but I wish they'd revert it so that support worked similar to the PB.
    06-01-13 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the tips. I find working with HTML5 sound on BB10 to be a royal pain in the behind. It was actually a fair bit better with the Playbook on 2.1... I'm not sure what they changed, but I wish they'd revert it so that support worked similar to the PB.
    I must say I've been experimenting technics that might (ahum) be above my knowledge.
    While the 1 second bug is ennoying and real, other issues have been solved just by applying usual methods.
    ... was a bit challenging - for a BB10 rookie - to start with a "graphic and touch" game on the HTML track ... lol I like challenges
    06-01-13 02:05 PM
    After the update it works much better on my STL100-1 with 10.1 (your app was updated from the older build, not fresh install)
    There should be a background music?
    The only sound effect that I hear is the "fail" when I press the wrong pad.
    Also, If I am too slow, the grid closes and nothing happens (no "you lost" message)
    06-03-13 11:35 AM
    After the update it works much better on my STL100-1 with 10.1 (your app was updated from the older build, not fresh install)
    There should be a background music?
    The only sound effect that I hear is the "fail" when I press the wrong pad.
    Also, If I am too slow, the grid closes and nothing happens (no "you lost" message)
    Damm, there's in did still a problem.
    you should ear background music on the introduction page then on the home screen before you start the game, on every pad hit (success or fail) then on both success and fail screens. Don't know what can cause that.

May I ask you try to reset the whole thing ?
    Start the game, hit a wrong pad to access the failure screen.
    Then on the lower right, in the context menu (3 dots) hit "reset all".
    Should bring you back to the introduction screen and first level/stage.

If only I had still my LE STL-001 ...
    Sry, again. App is removed from storefront until I find what's the issue here.
    06-03-13 12:05 PM
    Ok I did some tests.
    When the time was out, no "fail" sound was played, I guess it hang because it did not trigger the end of play.

I passed a level, I did press the "reset all" button. (got "javascript alert" as dialog title)
    After that, I quitted the game, and I reopened it again.
    Now, it works fine, background music and sound effects.
    The only problem is that the "don't show me again" checkbox is not remembering the state, I get the intro every time

I tried in many ways to make it hang like before, it still worked correctly
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-03-13 12:17 PM
34 12