First App !
Helo guys and gals
Just finished my beta for my WebWorks App "Thumbs Madness".
It's a WW/bbui.js game, testing (an improving) your coordination and agility.
Very excited, running a very first round of beta tests, so if you'd like to beta ... then you can PM me, it'll be very nice !
Having issues with 10.1 rollouts. Have to update BBUI version.
App is removed from storefront for now, will be back ASAP.
Sorry for those currently having issues; stay tuned !
I'm pleased to announce that we're back online in the BlackBerry World : BlackBerry World - Thumbs Madness Free
- 05-29-13, 01:01 PM #14
i am with 10.1.1710 and latest version 126.96.36.199
sometimes is works, most of times, just doesn't do anything, i place the thumbs on the pads, the grid comes up, but no pattern to follow and no timer
I would update to the very latest latest bb10 version, but bb link it's a resource hog (it takes a whole cpu core + 1gb ram) and I am lazy to waste a day to backup/restore
There's a problem with webkit here (I don't deny my code may be the problem though).
In short, sounds with a length under 1 second are not handled properly and some of my events listeners aren't fired when they should (at the end of the sound).
I'm on it... dammit... our first sunny day for ages and I'm in the bat cave...
Posted via CB10
EDITED : Some cleanup and JS objects removal later, I've made a new release. Testing right now and will upload in a few minutes/hours. Will update here. Did I say thanks, already ?
UPDATE : new build submitted.
N.B for devs having similar issues, some tracks to lead (nothing formal here, just some dirty experience returns) :
1. Mind the length of your sounds: under 1 sec is a real problem ("end" event not fired)
2. Dealing with sound level ([mySound].volume) seems tricky and might lead you to headaches. Had to remove all my "fade out" routines. Sound level control is weird, especially if the user touches the volume buttons. (each object volume V.S media player volume : I have to further investigate on this).
3. I found more consistency setting my sound "objects" in HTML (and then managing them with JS) than declaring them in JS. If using BBui.js, you might have to handle several behaviors in the 'ondomready' procedure.
4. I suspect you have a limited slots available for JS sound objects (<= this is pure speculation)
Warning: I do not pretend these above are facts (i.e : can be my bad coding), just my personal headache.
Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-01-13 at 06:47 AM.
- 06-01-13, 11:09 AM #21
Thanks for the tips. I find working with HTML5 sound on BB10 to be a royal pain in the behind. It was actually a fair bit better with the Playbook on 2.1... I'm not sure what they changed, but I wish they'd revert it so that support worked similar to the PB.
While the 1 second bug is ennoying and real, other issues have been solved just by applying usual methods.
... was a bit challenging - for a BB10 rookie - to start with a "graphic and touch" game on the HTML track ... lol I like challenges
- 06-03-13, 12:35 PM #23
After the update it works much better on my STL100-1 with 10.1 (your app was updated from the older build, not fresh install)
There should be a background music?
The only sound effect that I hear is the "fail" when I press the wrong pad.
Also, If I am too slow, the grid closes and nothing happens (no "you lost" message)
you should ear background music on the introduction page then on the home screen before you start the game, on every pad hit (success or fail) then on both success and fail screens. Don't know what can cause that.
May I ask you try to reset the whole thing ?
Start the game, hit a wrong pad to access the failure screen.
Then on the lower right, in the context menu (3 dots) hit "reset all".
Should bring you back to the introduction screen and first level/stage.
If only I had still my LE STL-001 ...
Sry, again. App is removed from storefront until I find what's the issue here.
- 06-03-13, 01:17 PM #25
Ok I did some tests.
When the time was out, no "fail" sound was played, I guess it hang because it did not trigger the end of play.
After that, I quitted the game, and I reopened it again.
Now, it works fine, background music and sound effects.
The only problem is that the "don't show me again" checkbox is not remembering the state, I get the intro every time
I tried in many ways to make it hang like before, it still worked correctly
- By adam_akkari in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-08-10, 11:56 AM
- By MobileQs.com in forum BlackBerry OS GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-10, 07:43 PM
- By MobileQs.com in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 03-02-10, 07:43 PM
- By rushringleader in forum Developers LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-09, 04:37 PM
- By mallinj in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-26-09, 02:56 PM