Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Produktyf
  • 2 Post By Produktyf
  • 2 Post By zaidk9
  • 2 Post By greenberry666
  • 1 Post By KemKev
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Do you have passion for BlackBerry, have free time and want to earn extra cash?

Do you ever say "I wish there was an app that could help me with this or that" or "Why there are no good quality productivity apps for BlackBerry?". Read on to find out how you can make this happen...

OK, now that I got your attention here is the deal:

We are a small app dev shop focusing only on BlackBerry. We develop productivity applications. We have two apps in BlackBerry World, three almost done ready to be released soon and bunch more in the pipeline. Our team is located all over the world: Canada, United States, Russia, Germany, India, and China.

We are looking for Product Manager (part time) to help us managing releases of existing and new apps. The job is (relatively) simple:

1. We (together) scope features for next release of an app (based on established priority roadmap) and agree in concept how things should work

2. You go away and write specifications (explain in written form how the changes, enhancements, new functionality should work) preferably in English but we understand C++ too. ;-) (just kidding - you do not need to know anything about programming).

3. We review the specifications with the team (developers who will be working on it) and if needed work with UI designer to create some sample mockups in QML (QML is the language how BlackBerry UI is constructed - similar to HTML).

4. Developer works on the changes - and you coordinate and manage process of reviewing (testing) the app every time developer commits part which is ready for testing and provide feedback. You open issue in our online issue tracker system which is linked to the commits and source code of the application.

5. You write up the release notes and coordinate release of the app to BB world.

simple.

Skills required are (in order of importance):

1. Passion for BlackBerry

2. Understanding of how native BlackBerry apps work and how things should work (functionality wise - no programming skills needed)

3. Decent written English skills (we do everything through online systems, email, BBM - very little voice interactions needed unless you prefer that way)

4. Some spare time

I will be honest this is really a spare money type of work (dont expect to feed your family with the money we will pay) but if you have time to kill and want to help creating amazing productivity apps for your favourite mobile platform here is your chance to get involved (and at the same time gain experience how multi-developer online development / collaboration system works in real life - good to put on your resume / CV).

How to apply:

Download one of our apps (links in signature) and become familiar with them. Send email to jobs@produktyf.com with the following information:

1. Explain why you like BlackBerry and what you are using it for?

2. Describe what you would propose as a next major upgrade to either of the apps. Explain how the enhancement should work. (we want to see how well you can explain your ideas in writing)

3. Let us know what you do for living and how much time you can spare

Deadline for application is Monday, July 21.

(BTW - sorry for posting in Apps forum but this is directly related to apps for BlackBerry) ;-)
    -----
    Produktyf - be productive, anywhere!

Check out our highly popular BlackBerry 10 apps:
    Money Plus - Expense tracking - DOWNLOAD
    Produktyf CRM - Manage information just about anything - DOWNLOAD

Join our BBM Channel: PIN C00017D03
    Thanked by:
    semime (07-11-2014) 
    Supa_Fly1, DocDRM and Dave Bourque like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

So is there an app in BlackBerry World that I can download and test? I have some spare time.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bhrgvr View Post
    So is there an app in BlackBerry World that I can download and test? I have some spare time.
    Yes, both of our current released apps are in the signature below. Thanks for your interest!
    -----

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,734 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Can't see signatures in the cb10 app. At least I dont.

Posted via CB10
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by MobileMadness002 View Post

Posted via CB10
    Same here. You have no signature OP!

Posted via CB10
    Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition & BlackBerry Q10 White & BlackBerry Z30 Black #00284
    CrackBerry Addict

I hope the CB10 isn't in your signature that we can't see on it

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,657 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

I'll tell you what I've always wanted to offer: a "Proof reading" and "English" service to BB Devs to create better BB World App descriptions and screen shots, better use of English in the actual app, and better English communication all around (FAQ's, Help functions, etc).

I have avoided apps with poorly written descriptions and some that have incorrect English in the actual app itself. Apps that otherwise looked usable or well done; call me xenophobic if you want to, but it causes me to question the professionalism of the dev/team. No insult intended - I can't speak ANY 2nd language and I applaud devs for their efforts, I just recommend they tighten up the English for a better image.

NOT saying OP's apps are example - can't remember specifically, but I do remember liking them both in the past when I looked at them.

P.S. Thanks, OP and team for your apps and continuing to support BB10 with native apps!!!
    Last edited by DocDRM; 07-09-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added P.S.
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MobileMadness002 View Post
    My bad. I forgot about it. Here they are:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/90101/
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/93991/
    -----

CrackBerry User

I'm interested.

Posted via CB using my Q10
    From my Q10...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,195 Global Posts

Hopefully you have seen me around the blackberry 10 app section that enough could get me in
    If not look at my past posts/threads

But I will fill out an application
    Tomorrow after my exam

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 07-10-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    Blackberry needs to make their own Z30 and Z10 Bluetooth Keyboard Case
    Search "**Z30 Bluetooth Keyboard Case IDEA**`` in the forums
    Petition for "New Wanted Features" Subforum
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-os-893384/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

U don't need to pay anyone!!
    It's simple
    Just release your application in beta zone
    People will test your applications and report u the bugs

BTW what's the pay???

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,657 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Quote Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
    U don't need to pay anyone!!
    It's simple
    Just release your application in beta zone
    People will test your applications and report u the bugs

BTW what's the pay???

Posted via CB10
    "BTW what's the pay???" - a guaranteed disqualifying question on a public post or as an immediate interview question; stamps inquirer "Not Qualified. Do not retain resume or application, not recommended for any other open positions."

Do you understand the post? Do you understand what a Project Manager does? The role can't be replaced by "simply" tossing an incomplete app to beta zone so users can "report u bugs".

The Project Manager would likely be the one to determine when the app is READY for the beta zone.

I recommend re-reading OP, if that doesn't help, Google "mobile application project manager" or even just "project manager" for more education than I can provide you here on this short post.

All I can do is provide knowledge backed by years of experience, therefore wisdom. You provide the willingness and desire to learn. I can do no more for you. Class dismissed. << SMDH, end rant>>

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    CrackBerry User

Sounds like a great opportunity, thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDRM View Post
    "BTW what's the pay???" - a guaranteed disqualifying question on a public post or as an immediate interview question; stamps inquirer "Not Qualified. Do not retain resume or application, not recommended for any other open positions."

Do you understand the post? Do you understand what a Project Manager does? The role can't be replaced by "simply" tossing an incomplete app to beta zone so users can "report u bugs".

The Project Manager would likely be the one to determine when the app is READY for the beta zone.

I recommend re-reading OP, if that doesn't help, Google "mobile application project manager" or even just "project manager" for more education than I can provide you here on this short post.

All I can do is provide knowledge backed by years of experience, therefore wisdom. You provide the willingness and desire to learn. I can do no more for you. Class dismissed. << SMDH, end rant>>

STFU please...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    732 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Produktyf View Post
    Kool! I already use Money Plus.Your proposal sounds interesting. Will try your CRM.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome BlackBerry Z30 (STA 100-5 running 10.3.0) on T-Mobile.

Still love and constantly use my PlayBook 32GB for work and entertainment!
    --------
    CrackBerry.com is AWESOME!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I'll be checking this out later today

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry User

I use the Money plus and used the CRM in the past. Very good.

Posted via CB using my Q10
    From my Q10...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Even though it's not an accepted question, "how much money are you going to give me for my time and effort?" SHOULD be the accepted and standard first question a person asks a prospective slave master. X
    Oddsocket and mdjZm like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,911 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
    STFU please...
    I was really hoping he did Shut The Fool Up, but I guess not.
    Rocking the Z10 STL100-3 on OS 10.3.0.1052
    Tablets: 32GB Playbook; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    "If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now. ~ CB Member

DocDRM likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,911 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenberry666 View Post
    Even though it's not an accepted question, "how much money are you going to give me for my time and effort?" SHOULD be the accepted and standard first question a person asks a prospective slave master. X
    If one expects to be a slave, working for/under a slave master, one shouldn't expect to get paid.
    Rocking the Z10 STL100-3 on OS 10.3.0.1052
    Tablets: 32GB Playbook; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    "If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now. ~ CB Member

Global Posts
    10,554 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

SMDH. OP, thank for posting the apps.
    Reading.....is truly a "lost art" / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this opportunity.

It's a little sad to see the quality of (some) of the responses on here. If someone isn't willing to follow instructions, type in full sentences, or exit the CB application to click on links - it may not be a good fit in general in my opinion. Imagine if a major effort is required down the road. Alas I digress.

It is a great opportunity.

There is a group of us who are developers, project managers, etc - and we work together on some ambitious projects. We are kicking the idea around the group to see if we have someone we could make available (assuming your interested in our candidate).

I also see some genuine people on here looking to help. I love the idea. The CB community is able to some amazing things. Cheers and good luck!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts

Great Opportunity thanks for looking at the community first.
    "If you can't find anything wrong with your OS of choice, you might be a fanboy, if you can't find anything RIGHT with the smartphone OSes you DON'T use, you're definitely a fanboy." - Ashley Esqueda

Trough the Phone Lens C0019FC6B
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is fantastic opportunity, I emailed you yesterday just forgot to reply to the thread =D

It is great, as others have mentioned, that you came to the BlackBerry community first to ask and there are lots of us that would be willing to help you.

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Posted via CB10
    My developer BBM Channel, haven't got many subscribers yet - but here it is to stay up to date with all of my developments C00120C46