For a lot of you, you spent a lot of time on making sure your app uses an Active Frame that has a purpose, or is at least designed very nicely.
    However after the release of the Passport, hardly any apps updated with "passport compatibility" actually use the second smaller Active Frame.

I think it would be amazing if you could find the time to make sure this works, I (and I'm sure I am not alone) love to keep a variety of them open at all times.
    @ Devs: please remember the Passport uses 2 Active Frame sizes!-temp.jpg
    (In this example Whine has it, the other 3 don't. Not even BlackBerry has put them in all their apps smh.)

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-24-14 05:27 AM
    Good point! It would be nice too see more devs use this
    12-25-14 08:10 AM
    And in case anyone doesn't know how...
    MultiCover - BlackBerry Native
    MrGlenn likes this.
    12-26-14 09:32 PM
    Ah, I actually didn't know this, maybe BlackBerry should start letting us know instead of kind of expecting us to see it.
    01-08-15 01:42 PM
    Yeah it is in the documentation, but only mentioned very casually. I can see how non-PP owners would totally overlook it.

WhatsApp is a great example of how it is done, thanks

01-08-15 01:53 PM
    Yeah it is in the documentation, but only mentioned very casually. I can see how non-PP owners would totally overlook it.

WhatsApp is a great example of how it is done, thanks

Only have a z10 myself, that's probably why I never saw it, will do my best to implement it into my App, seems I'll have to re-write my Cover code.
    01-08-15 02:09 PM
    Some of my apps supports both active frames (Silent Keys, Volt, etc), it's a bit tricky to support it from a 10.2 build but it's doable (Silent Keys and Volt are 10.2 apps)

Posted via CB10
    MrGlenn likes this.
    01-09-15 11:26 AM
    Thanks for useful reminder...
    05-27-15 07:48 PM
    Useful reminder for sure. But hardly any new apps have gotten this little Active Frame added. Oh well BB10 isn't really good with keeping 8 Frames opened at the same time anyway...
    06-16-15 09:58 AM
    Almost all my new apps include support for smaller active frame, but it's hard to fit useful infos there, so most are only showing the app logo centered in the active frame, as shown in picture below.

Devs can also find sample code on how to support smaller active frame in this open-source app : https://github.com/RodgerLeblanc/AssetSelector

@ Devs: please remember the Passport uses 2 Active Frame sizes!-img_20150616_193701.png

Posted via CB10
    MrGlenn likes this.
    06-16-15 06:41 PM
    I've been struggling with developing WebWorks apps that create Covers at all sizes as Canvas objects, saved to files and sent to the Window Covers APIs with "file:///" paths. Does anyone have sample code for that? There is code on GitHub for saving Canvas objects as files with user interaction, and Window Covers sample code for using static images built into the app with 'local:///' paths, but I can't get dynamic Canvas bitmaps to Window Covers to work.
    06-16-15 06:52 PM
    Over in this thread under app announcements, I asked for a Passport owner to confirm that my free app displays both active frame sizes correctly on a real device:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...pdate-1006322/

I don't own a Passport, and testing the active frame stuff on the simulator is apparently not 100% accurate. Any Passport folks reading this thread - much appreciated if you could do a quick test & confirm both active frame sizes display ok. (You can reply in this thread or my App Announcements thread or both.) I just have an app icon displayed btw - no dynamic content. Also, if you think you'd use this app and would like to beta test a future update (timing TBD) please drop me a private note.
    09-03-15 03:46 AM
    Over in this thread under app announcements, I asked for a Passport owner to confirm that my free app displays both active frame sizes correctly on a real device:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...pdate-1006322/

I don't own a Passport, and testing the active frame stuff on the simulator is apparently not 100% accurate. Any Passport folks reading this thread - much appreciated if you could do a quick test & confirm both active frame sizes display ok. (You can reply in this thread or my App Announcements thread or both.) I just have an app icon displayed btw - no dynamic content. Also, if you think you'd use this app and would like to beta test a future update (timing TBD) please drop me a private note.
    They both work as expected, good job!

I don't play guitar, so it won't be an app I'll use unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:07 AM