I hope developer and enginer bb10 app could develop app to help other developer could compiling his source code to blackberry app. It's make blackberry have variety app for bb 10 os.
    09-04-15 05:40 PM
    Will totally sell like hotcakes. Totally.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 05:42 PM
    Basically what Microsoft did for Windows 10 Mobile
    09-04-15 05:53 PM
    You could try to convince Xamarin that BlackBerry is worthwhile AND that BlackBerry Native isn't going to just die over the next 6 months, and things might work out kind of that way...

Unfortunately anything BlackBerry at the consumer level they want us to push through Android...

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-04-15 09:02 PM
    This is basically what the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime was originally. Pretty much every non-indie developer reacted by saying "Talk to the hand, loser! We don't care." (followed by some excuse about "support costs" if pressed.) As a result, it was all unrelated enthusiasts who did all the conversions.

Thank goodness we're now past that point, and 10.2.1+ lets us directly install APKs without having to do any sort of conversion process.
    09-05-15 12:28 AM
    I think bb 10 can cut down android layer. Using self application (from convertion other source for own application) make bb 10 exist and leave the android app.

Bb 10 will have many application and would compete with play store and app store ios. No more android app and say good bye.
    09-05-15 11:00 AM
    I think bb 10 can cut down android layer. Using self application (from convertion other source for own application) make bb 10 exist and leave the android app.

Bb 10 will have many application and would compete with play store and app store ios. No more android app and say good bye.

Well, BlackBerry had two and a half years to convince developers to come over without results, so now you want to put out the last candle for the platform?
    09-05-15 03:59 PM
    The last candle? Are you kidding. If yo need android app so what is the difference bb 10 with android? No more.

Now there are many manufacture which build her own security such as samsung knox, blackphone, and iphone partnered with cisco to build enterprise ios.

Developer not interest with blackberry app because he must hard work to built application from his source code (android and ios code). With live code, developver can compiling the source code for android and ios in same time, but not for blackberry. So create app could compilling other source for blackberry own app.

"If you want to fly in the sky, you must to use your wings, not other ones."
    09-05-15 05:50 PM
    The last candle? Are you kidding. If yo need android app so what is the difference bb 10 with android? No more.
    Keep in mind there are many cross platform build tools today that build for BlackBerry.

Unity. Marmalade, QT Creator and Phonegap all come to mind.

But because of the lack of interest and decisions made by BlackBerry, these companies have started to announce they are abandoning the platform - I'm thinking QT Creator and Unity specifically.

Very few devs build native BlackBerry and even BlackBerry themselves are telling us not to unless we are building enterprise.

It's a really nice idea. But it's been done and it's failing I'm afraid Android, Unity and Marmalade are literally 30 second changes to build for BlackBerry. And even then, 1 percent or less are using them...

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Agus Winarno likes this.
    09-05-15 05:58 PM
    This is basically what the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime was originally. Pretty much every non-indie developer reacted by saying "Talk to the hand, loser! We don't care." (followed by some excuse about "support costs" if pressed.) As a result, it was all unrelated enthusiasts who did all the conversions.

And then people turn around and complain that there aren't enough platform choices.

As someone who has been involved in technology long before each segment of the market was funnelled into basically one or two choices, all of this tech platform consolidation and stupidification makes me ill.

Down with the King, Long Live the King!!

(And Google's Trojan Horse plan of drawing participants to the platform with fake "open source" promises while simultaneously sabotaging AOSP really did do exactly what they wanted it to do, and greatly helped torpedo both Amazon and BlackBerry's platform hopes with it. While drawing resources away that might have been spent on their own platforms.)
    10-12-15 06:48 AM