Copy and Paste for text fields in PlayBook WebWorks / BBUI?
Is it possible to enable the PlayBook's long-press popup menu in a WebWorks / BBUI app which allows us to cut, copy, select all, paste (etc.) in text fields?
Most "standard" apps seems to support the option. Long--press the URL in the browser for example, and you're given the usual text options. But in my WebWorks app, the most I can get is the single pointer thingie which lets me choose where to start typing. But no double pointers for selecting, no long-press popup of text options.
Am I missing something obvious?
- CrackBerry Genius
12-22-12, 08:12 AM #2
- 1,761 Posts
- Just PM
Found this on the Blackberry SupportForums
So I just implemented copy/paste for my webworks app. *Huge thanks to Will Robertson for posting up the solution! *
Apparently, all you have to do is change a couple settings in a configuration file from 'false' to 'true' to allow selecting and copy/paste. *Then, after you compile and deploy your app, you should get this functionality within all apps that you compile. *I just implemented it for my app and it works great (at least on the simulator).
Basically, just make sure the following two environment variables are set to true in the file "path_to_your_sdk/bbwp/AirAppTemplates/src?/blackberry-tablet.xml"
<env var="WEBKIT_CONTEXT_MENU_SUPPORTED" value="true"/>
<env var="WEBKIT_SELECTION_SUPPORTED" value="true"/>?
- By mufc_Nick.C_mufc in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 12Last Post: 02-24-13, 10:18 AM
- By pondi in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-09, 10:35 PM
- By Swegweiser in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-10-09, 09:49 PM
- By Swegweiser in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 03-10-09, 09:49 PM
- By Zenitsu in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-08, 06:57 PM