Hello Friends,

My friend has created a web service which provides some information.

How can I consume that web service in my blackberry ? Do I need any specific software in my blackberry ?

Thanks
    03-12-08 08:42 AM
    You need to post more detail of what you are are specifically attempting to do.
    Or just use your BlackBerry browser and go to the website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 08:52 AM
    Thanks for your time.

I haven't started doing anything so far. I am just evaluating the feasibility of the option.

Let me give you some more details :

My friend has created a web service which takes the numeric value as an input and in return it provides the information related to that number. He has provided me the WSDL which can be consumed by any client( like Java application, SAP application) and then you can send the message in specific format and will get the response.

Its not just providing the URL but its basically holding the WSDL and providing an option to send the message.

Here is the similar link I found through google. The lady has discussed the same scenario in there. nabble.com/BlackBerry---Web-Services-td14285890.html
    Last edited by pooja13pandey; 03-12-08 at 09:04 AM.
    03-12-08 09:02 AM
    if it is rest based web service than you can easily access the url and read the data, have a look at this tutorial might be helpful to you

How to Call RESTful Web Services in Blackberry

Thanks
    Asif
    05-18-11 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD