Code signing keys as an individual?
Can I request code signing keys as an individual and not a company? If so, what do I enter into the company field of the application form?
- 12-12-12, 10:43 PM #2
Bear in mind that those keys basically entitle you to publish in App World, so they are somewhat valuable.
You don't need a formal business name, but it might be worth your while to use a name you would do business under in the event you decide to distribute your apps in App World.
- 12-13-12, 09:56 AM #3
If you do not have a registered legal business name, under the company name just put your first and last name. In the agreement it says that it has to be a legal business name.
- 12-16-12, 05:53 PM #4
In BC (as well as other provinces and states i'd assume) your legal business name can be your own legal name as long as you are the sole proprietor of the business.
Text taken from: How to Start Your Business: Your Legal Requirements | Small Business BCNote: If you operate under your own personal name as a sole proprietor (self-employed person or independent contractor), you do not have to register your business. You can simply go ahead and register for a harmonized sales tax (HST) account, if applicable (refer to our Tax Requirements-Starting section for information on how to do this), and for your municipal business licence. In this case, the legal name of your business is your personal name.
- By mem0ryburn in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-12, 12:49 PM
- By DanDonahue in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-12, 02:13 AM
- By shaun2011 in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-11, 08:37 AM
- By Catabor in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-08, 02:34 AM
- By motifman22 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 0Last Post: 12-12-07, 08:54 PM