BlackBerry should spend and develop the top 10 apps requested by paying the developers directly. Pay even 10 times more and get it over and done with.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:52 AM
    And what are these Top Ten apps we are missing?
    04-14-13 10:08 AM
    Woops read that wrong. Thought you meant just top ten apps. Not requested. I think we still have to wait a few months to really make the call on apps. We still hear of so many in development.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:14 AM
    They don't control developers. They control buyers. If they ignore the buyers now they won't have anyone to develop for later.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:17 AM
    BlackBerry has actively been talking to the developers of the top 100-200 apps in each region. They dont control the devs, they dont control the buyers. All they control is their hardware/OS development, supply chain, and advertising.
    Laura Knotek and KermEd like this.
    04-15-13 07:04 AM
    Blackberry ought to emphaise more on developers and spend to promote applications. This will encourage app developers to prefer this platform and create applications for it.
    05-24-13 04:37 AM
    I think they have focused so much on quantity, letting everyone know so much about how they have 120,000 apps. I think to close this "app gap" we need the top, say 100 apps. Every social network, all banks, top games (I know we have a lot, but there are still many missing).
    Lately I have seen apple and the carriers not even advertising the phone. They advertise what apps are on the platform and everything the phone can do beyond what is just built in.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:54 AM
    Blackberry should change their stance from end user and focus more on engaging with developers so that they can create more intuitive apps which would help platform gain sufficient grounds on its competitors.
    06-03-13 05:51 AM
    Blackberry should change their stance from end user and focus more on engaging with developers so that they can create more intuitive apps which would help platform gain sufficient grounds on its competitors.
    Isn't that what they've been doing the past year with the worldwide Jams, Portathons and income guarantees?

Lots of money and energy has been spent on capturing developers.

And the current state of BlackBerry World is what we have to show for it.

They need to find a way to get tastemaker apps and key partners on board. Crack that code and you'll see success.
    06-03-13 06:37 AM
    I would say that blackberry should provide "virtual publisher" / "venture capital company" to good independent developers like author of the Skooday and numerous others. Let them code and take care of marketing, help with UI guidelines, provide automatic testing facilities e.t.c. , challenge their release schedule. By this you could get some unique and/or highly polished apps for the ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:46 AM
    It's all coming. Ecosystems usually take 2-3 years or so to build up. Bbry accomplished that in a very small amount of time.

Developers who do not build for bb10 simply don't want to. Which is a big improvement over two years ago where the statement was can't.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:06 PM
    I would say that blackberry should provide "virtual publisher" / "venture capital company" to good independent developers like author of the Skooday and numerous others. Let them code and take care of marketing, help with UI guidelines, provide automatic testing facilities e.t.c. , challenge their release schedule. By this you could get some unique and/or highly polished apps for the ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Blackberry should put money behind high quality Apps and Games that are exclusive to BB World. Once a month they could invest $1 million behind unique apps that are not available on other platforms. These apps will only be available for BB10 ( Similar to what game consoles are doing with exclusive games Ex: Halo is only available on XBox). This would would make BB10 unique and will give something that BlackBerry users can show off to their friends this attracting more users to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:48 PM
    You are all right but first BlackBerry should spend to make the attractive and useful mobile phones. After getting good market , it can easily spend in app development.
    03-12-14 02:37 AM
    You are all right but first BlackBerry should spend to make the attractive and useful mobile phones. After getting good market , it can easily spend in app development.
    Won't get many converts without the apps. Therein lies a problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:07 AM