Hello,

I am having a blackberry application developed by a great individual I found on blackberry app world and I was wondering if someone could assist me on finding some information for this developer?

How can we post events to the blackberry notification bar? Currently a notification icon is displayed on the blackberry notification bar and when you click the drop down the application name shows. We'd like to be able to post events below the application name. The same way the facebook application does it ect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    09-16-12 01:02 AM
    bump...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 12:56 PM
    For the bar itself, you want to look up the application indicators. For the drop-down contents, that's hooked into message list integration. All the APIs for dealing with this are within this package you should read up on:
    net.rim.blackberry.api.messagelist (BlackBerry JDE 7.0.0 API Reference)
    09-16-12 07:04 PM
    For the bar itself, you want to look up the application indicators. For the drop-down contents, that's hooked into message list integration. All the APIs for dealing with this are within this package you should read up on:
    net.rim.blackberry.api.messagelist (BlackBerry JDE 7.0.0 API Reference)
    Thanks so much for your help. Do you have any examples on how to do it?
    09-16-12 08:37 PM
    (9850, OS 7.1.0.163, been running this OS version since 01-07-12. No new apps added or deleted since the OS installation.)

This just started about 2 hours ago - in the notification bar, when I click/touch it to get my new emails, it brings up the next 3 calendar entries, BBMs, texts, tweets, & emails as normal. BUT if I click on an email, it just highlights and does nothing else. It won't open the email no matter what - if I touch, double click, or use the touchpad. Everything else - BBM, texts, calendar entries, twitter - all open as normal.
    10-04-12 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD