So this is what I got in my mailbox a couple of minutes ago...

Thanks for your ongoing interest in our BlackBerry� Jam events. We’re writing today to let you know that we are taking some time to reevaluate our current events strategy and it has been determined that we will not proceed with BlackBerry Jam Europe in 2014. That said, we will continue to keep you updated as new events and BlackBerry activities become available.

BlackBerry events have always been purpose-driven, designed to help get your hands on new products, get familiar with our services, to learn about our future plans and roadmaps, and to demonstrate the powerful capabilities of BlackBerry platforms.

We will continue to engage with our developers in more focused ways, designed with a greater emphasis on the opportunities we have to talk to our developers about what matters most to you. We will keep you informed of future BlackBerry developer events.

Best Regards,
    The BlackBerry Jam Conference Team
    The same can be found over here http://www.blackberryjamconference.com/
    11-13-13 02:13 PM
    So this is what I got in my mailbox a couple of minutes ago...

The same can be found over here BlackBerry Jam
    Yup, just saw that. Thanks for sharing.
    11-13-13 02:15 PM
    I wouldnt read too much into it. As they say, the events are purpose driven, and the companies purpose is up in the air at the moment. No point in sharing a roadmap that is changing every week.
    11-13-13 02:17 PM
    I wouldnt read too much into it. As they say, the events are purpose driven, and the companies purpose is up in the air at the moment. No point in sharing a roadmap that is changing every week.
    That's true. I think this is a direct result of new management though, perhaps choosing to limit the number of dev events that they host worldwide to save on costs (actually, I'm surprised Heins didn't implement this). But, knowing the media, this will be reported as yet another nail in the coffin for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:20 PM
    I don't believe they have cancelled any of the OTHER events, just the Euro one.
    11-13-13 02:21 PM
    Is there historically poorer attendance at the Europe event compared to Asia or NA? I guess I assumed this was just the first of many announcements of perhaps consolidating the Jam event to one locale, likely in Asia or NA.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:26 PM
    I thought the new Jam events have been a huge success?.....

.....Maybe they will go back to Mobile World Congress in February. That's how BlackBerry Jam Europe first started. It would probably be a lot cheaper & may attract a broader group of developers...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:35 PM
    I thought the new Jam events have been a huge success?.....

Posted via CB10
    For S4BB?
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    11-13-13 03:41 PM
    For S4BB?

I truly hate you, kb... LOL
    kbz1960 and 00stryder like this.
    11-13-13 03:56 PM

I truly hate you, kb... LOL

11-13-13 04:02 PM