If you didn't have to pay $200 to submit your apps, would you go another route instead? Something user-made where you get all your profits straight through PayPal?

http://blackberry.vacau.com/round.html
    (BlackBerry-only link!)
    09-29-10 03:51 PM
    If you didn't have to pay $200 to submit your apps, would you go another route instead? Something user-made where you get all your profits straight through PayPal?

http://blackberry.vacau.com/round.html
    (BlackBerry-only link!)
    You dont have to pay $200. You can buy 1 credit for $20 or 10 for $200.

Currently RIM has waived any fees for new and update apps. Not sure if this a permanent.
    09-29-10 08:15 PM
    Hmm. One app for $20 might be worth it... almost. That's still a lot of money for something that you can't promise a return on though...
    09-29-10 10:12 PM
    I just stumbled across this thread and it prompted me to think about this. First, understand I am NOT a developer, I'm clueless on that stuff. Second, as a self-employed photographer, I'm very sensitive to issues regarding cash flow, output value and basically, getting paid for your work, so don't take this as a bash.

I'm just curious though, about your statement that $20 to sell your product is "..a lot of money...." Twenty bucks? Wow...I know you probably have countless hours invested in developing and testing your product. I have no idea on how much you plan to sell it for, but even if we go on the cheap side, say $3.99, then that means you are uncertain about whether or not you'll be able to sell even 20 copies of your app (I assume that RIM gets a % of your sale, above and beyond the $20 up front cost)? I realize these things aren't a get rich quick scheme (ha, otherwise I'd be learning it!) but it does not seem unreasonable to me to have a $20 fee, given that they have to log and track and approve your submission.

Help me out though, I may be way off base. Why do you think that's too much? Good luck with it though, whatever it is!

Hmm. One app for $20 might be worth it... almost. That's still a lot of money for something that you can't promise a return on though...
    09-29-10 10:19 PM
    That's good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 04:43 PM
    I think the main issue I heard was from developers wanting to post freeware. You end up paying to get a free app on App World. Especially since previously, you had to purchase ten credits ($200) minimum. With the fees waived for now, hopefully that won't be much of an issue.
    11-16-10 06:57 AM
    that's good, would try it
    05-18-11 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD