I started selling my first app around 3 weeks ago. I recently received my first invoice from Bango, and they have taken $76.11 off what I am going to get paid. I don't understand the invoice, but some of that I think will be refunds, and they are charging me 20% tax on all purchases in the EU.

I am in the UK, I am not VAT registered or earning over �77000 a year from my apps, so my question is; should I be paying the 20% Bango have taken? I tried to get in contact with them on Friday, but it took over 30 phone calls and 7 hours to get in contact with someone in the Customer Services Department. They told me to ring back Monday, but I'd like to know exactly what I should and should not be paying before I do so.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    08-05-12 11:08 AM
    Good luck puzzling that one out. Half the time I get three separate invoices within minutes of one another. I've yet to find a way to accurately reconcile invoices with sales data.

For some reason, I get invoices from both Bango and DigitalRiver -- I've no idea why, though I haven't looked in to it either. (It's just a hobby for me. The extra cash every month just keeps the wife happy.)

I agree that it's confusing. RIM really needs to do something about it. If I cared about earnings from app sales, I'd be livid.
    08-05-12 11:36 PM
    Good luck puzzling that one out. Half the time I get three separate invoices within minutes of one another. I've yet to find a way to accurately reconcile invoices with sales data.

For some reason, I get invoices from both Bango and DigitalRiver -- I've no idea why, though I haven't looked in to it either. (It's just a hobby for me. The extra cash every month just keeps the wife happy.)

I agree that it's confusing. RIM really needs to do something about it. If I cared about earnings from app sales, I'd be livid.
    Yes 3 invoices is correct

Bango << carrier paymentes
    Digital River 1 for NA Sales (Or just Americas I forget)
    1 for ROW (rest of the world)
    08-07-12 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD