We need an app that will allow us to bookmark audio files so that we can save listen to very long audio. This way we can listen to very long audiobook or podcast files, stop in the middle, listen to something else, and come back to our same place in the audiobook or podcast. Also need to be able to adjust the EQ. Podcasts tend to have poor production quality. They can be hard to hear at the loudest setting. EQ adjustment can help with this.

A player that works with just MP3s is fine. One that can play WMA-DRM which would allow us to download Overdrive audiobooks from the library would be even better.

There are lots of audiobook enthusiasts in this forum. There are also plenty of music fans that would appreciate a player that allows them to adjust the EQ settings and listen to WMA-DRM files that they have already purchased.
    04-27-08 09:46 PM
    Dollar5's MediaPlayer and Simple Book Player bookmark! Cool. If you're reading, thanks for releasing programs with this feature. Now, if we could only get WMA-DRM support...

Normsoft, how about a PocketTunes for Blackberries?
    06-15-08 09:53 AM
    Now, if we could only get WMA-DRM support...

Normsoft, how about a PocketTunes for Blackberries?
    No kidding. I recently switched to a BB Curve 8310 from my old Treo 680. I regularly listen to audiobooks on my commute, and with PocketTunes I could download digital audiobooks from my public library system, and use their OverDrive Media Console software to transfer them to PocketTunes on the Treo.

Even to play non-DRM, MP3 audiobooks, I think I need the Blackberry to be recognized by Windows Media Player as an audio device. What software does that?
    03-09-09 12:36 AM
    I just have been trying the Simple Book player and have trouble with the touch screen controls. Pressing the abc button goes to start not back 10 seconds and I have to press Space multiple times to make it play with sound sometime it advances many seconds before sound gets started
    04-06-09 11:21 AM
    I downloaded Pod Trapper. I have played with it some and occasionally run into problems probably due to my error or the interface is a little picky. But Pod Trapper looks terrific and does bookmarks. Also Mr. Watkins has been very prompt and kind in answering my plaintive email. Its Pod Trapper at versatilemonkey(dot)com and it works with almost all audio files and it does podcasts but I haven't even thought about doing anything with that. You get a free one month trial of Pod Trapper then it is $10
    04-07-09 11:27 AM
    I have been using Pod Trapper for a while now. The only issue I have is it does not continue to the next file(some books have hundreds) without you having to select and start but it has been the only thing I have found that works at all. If anyone finds something better please post.
    07-17-09 07:10 PM
    I love Podtrapper, use it all the time for podcasts, and it's a worthy investment of $10. Try the free trial and you'll be hooked.

But as to playing secured WMA such as Overdrive Audiobooks, I haven't had much luck...I'm receiving an error message in podtrapper for these files. I'll roam through VersatileMonkey's documentation, see if it's compatible, but chances are maybe not.
    10-09-09 12:14 AM
    Just wondering if anyone ever figured out the WMA Overdrive Audiobooks thing? I really would LOVE that to use at the gym!
    12-14-09 07:23 PM
    Yeah me too! Overdrive would be nice but the MP3 books are so limited and there are so many with WMA formatt. I like to use my digital library but it is very limited. Overdrive said blackberry wma wasn't capatible with the drm wma files of overdrive. I don't understand? Can it be fixed?
    04-19-10 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD