Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,723 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default App world sign up!?

I was going to sign up for app world to sell themes... i got to step 3. Am I reading that right that you have to pay $200 just to sign up!?? are they insane? No wonder they can give away tons of money in this new contest!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

If I'm not wrong that $200 = 10 "slots" for you to list your apps/themes on App World. The terms and conditions are listed on that page too, no?

In essence each "slot" costs $20, and each time you update your theme or app you use another "slot". RIM says this covers the administration costs for them to vet all submissions.

After you've used up 10 slots, you pay $200 again for another 10 slots to be able to submit more stuff.
    Mobato Limited

That is correct, although in the future you do not have to buy in $200 increments, but can instead buy individual slots in $20 increments.
    Mobato Limited www.mobato.com

Follow us: twitter.com/mobato
    Mobato Limited

Just to add, the $200 fee has had a lot of debate around it, some say it is good because it prevents many of the gimmicky i-platform esque type of apps appearing on app world, others argue it is a bad thing, which could deter many potential developers.

Either way, App World should not be your only sales channel, you should consider Mobihand/CrackBerry store, as there is no sign up fee, and apps get approved very quickly.
    Mobato Limited www.mobato.com

Follow us: twitter.com/mobato
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    PIN
    3220ED79

They dont filter apps very well, I see some apps that are useless or that dont even work.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobato View Post
    That is correct, although in the future you do not have to buy in $200 increments, but can instead buy individual slots in $20 increments.
    That is really good news!

I believe App World will give your app/theme a large exposure since not every BB user shops @ Mobihand. In other words it should pay off much better.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,776 Global Posts

so what if i want to offer a free theme on appworld?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

You still pay.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    306F0656

Quote Originally Posted by kirksucks View Post
    so what if i want to offer a free theme on appworld?
    it will still cost you $20

The only issue that i have with appworld is that an update also costs 1 credit.... so its $20-25 more if you want to push an update.

I have no problem paying $20 to get an app or a theme into appworld because even selling it at $1 you will end up making your money back generally on the same day. So if you want to offer a theme for free putting it up for $1 for a couple of days it will end up paying for itself.